At Mattel, our vision is Inspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
WHO WE ARE
Mattel Finance hires leaders. Every one of our finance professionals works in a global finance organization interacting with senior leadership and with the accountability and responsibility to grow a career. We are a strong and nimble finance department focused on driving business results in the most cost-effective manner. We pride ourselves on consistent processes, fast decisions and increased accountability.
The Director Tax Provisions is responsible for the Company’s accounting for income taxes and assist in tax planning. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
- Accountable for quarterly and annual worldwide accounting for income taxes (ASC 740).
- Responsible for coordinating with and training local country controllers on preparation of local country provision income tax provisions or coordinating with third party vendors on preparation of local country provisions.
- Lead oversight of worldwide FIN 48 analysis.
- Assist in due diligence of potential M&A targets and related tax accounting matters
- Forecast of tax balances to be provided to Financial Planning
- Revise procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
- Recommend tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintain legislative materials by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Perform modeling of tax reform/business changes and related impact on the effective tax rate.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Accounting. Master’s Degree in Business Taxation preferred.
- JD and/or CPA preferred.
- 10 years of related experience with at least 5 years in a public accounting firm.
- Extensive background in ASC 740/FIN 48 required.
- Strong analytical skills necessary.
- Must have strong work ethic and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to manage competing priorities and accelerated deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with varying stakeholders and business units.
- Aptitude to adapt to organizational changes.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer