Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org.
Job Title: Director of Individual Giving
Department: Individual Giving
PBA currently has an exciting opportunity in our Individual Giving department for a dynamic, go-getting fundraising and donor relations professional. Reporting to the VP of Individual Giving, the Director of Individual Giving will have primary responsibility for leading the area of donor relations and our sustainer program. The position will also require setting strategy and executing fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations and supporting major giving efforts.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals: manage appeal campaigns, manage and monitor online giving initiatives, work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals consistent with overall organizational objectives.
- Oversee team that is responsible for database management, gift processing, development and fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition donor correspondence, and mailings.
- Coordinate events logistics to ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
- Analyzes data through reports, surveys, donor responses and make informed data driven decisions based on research.
- Work with marketing team to develop strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing.
- Oversee the individual giving presence on the website.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications.
- Prepare regular reports on all campaign activities.
- Monitor revenue and expenses related to membership and individual giving; support VP of Individual Giving in areas of reporting.
- Designs, implements and develops creative comprehensive fundraising programs and appropriate communications strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Bachelor’s Degree required; minimum of five to ten years of related fundraising work and supervisory experience. Ability to plan strategically, lead and be innovative. Must understand donor behaviors and be engaged in identifying and embracing of future trends. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word; familiarity with fundraising databases. Proven communications skills including experience in writing direct mail appeals, content for online and social media communications. Direct marketing, special event, and development experience preferred.