JUDI’S HOUSE ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
Judi’s House expects to achieve its vision by adhering to three core values: COMPASSION, ACCOUNTABILITY and RESPECT. Nothing is more important than having a team of people that incorporate these values and hold each other accountable for living this culture every day at Judi’s House:
- Respect – Demonstrates, through behavior and communication, a respect for the work environment and for fellow colleagues. Takes care of communal space and considers how actions will affect Helps coworkers when able to make the jobs of others easier or more productive.
- Accountability –Accountable to others, and effective in promoting an accountable culture when working in Willing to make appropriate sacrifices to meet team goals.
- Compassion – Exhibits compassion towards the children and families who seek our help and for fellow staff, trainees, and volunteers. Sensitive to the nature of Judi’s House
- Integrity – Maintains high ethical Exemplifies honesty with strong moral principles. When situations are ambiguous, is inclusive and collaborative when making decisions. Earns trust and maintains confidences.
- Positive Attitude – Consistently looks for the good in coworkers and Maintains enthusiasm for the work they do and the larger mission.
- Adaptability – Demonstrates an ability to learn quickly and adapts to changing
- Organization – Able to work in a systematic manner; documents key processes as needed to allow transparency across other team
- Efficiency – Prioritizes tasks appropriately and focuses on higher priorities to produce key results with minimal wasted
- Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to take initiative and contribute to departmental and team goals.
Lead efforts to raise funds and awareness in support of the organization’s three core strategic initiatives: Direct Service, Evaluation and Research, and Training and Education.
- Direct ongoing development and implementation of fundraising and communications strategic plan.
- Manage all staff in the Development and Communications department, including those responsible for Raiser’s Edge database management, grant writing and reporting, volunteer coordination, event coordination, website management, and social media communication.
- Oversee the planning, budgeting, and execution of all fundraising events, including the annual speakers series luncheon.
- Work with founders, board members, volunteers, and other staff to continually steward our core donor base, as well as to identify prospective donors and introduce them to Judi’s House/JAG Institute.
- Implement a strategy for enhancing and solidifying relationships previously established and maintained by the founders to ensure sustainability.
- Oversee major gift stewardship plan, including targeted communication, collateral, and recognition.
- Personally cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors. Record and detail meetings and phone calls/email exchanges with individual donors, corporations, and foundations in database.
- Promote multi-year pledges that contribute to financial stability and long-term sustainability for the organization.
- Continue cultivation of the Capacity Building Campaign launched in 2016 to secure multi-year funding for the expansion of reach through JAG Institute.
- Work with the Executive Team and Development and Communications staff to cultivate opportunities for increased awareness, grants, and sponsorships at the local and national level.
- Develop planned giving strategy with detailed understanding of bequests and other planned giving vehicles.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, reports, invitations, press releases, and websites.
- Proofread and coordinate delivery of correspondence, stewardship and recognition related communication, as well as prospect inquiries and donor gift proposals.
- Ensure integration of marketing and social media strategies with donor cultivation.
- Attend team and organizational meetings, activities, and events as required.
- Present to the Board of Directors at quarterly meetings and serve on relevant board committees.
- Assist CEO and Board Chair in supporting each board member to accomplish their annual goals.
Supervision and management of all staff within the Development and Communications Department.