SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Certification Associate to join the Education & Learning Services (ELS) team in Washington DC. The ELS unit plays a critical role in client growth by developing education and certification programs in collaboration with volunteer subject matter experts. Client association members, now more than ever, expect a return on their investment in professional associations - this return is directly linked to providing the type and quality of educational programs and learning delivery options that meet their needs.
What You Will Do
- Provide customer service support for an engaging and growing certification program including application processes, test company outreach and online tool support
- Apply the use of all eLearning and technology tools to support client education initiatives, including a variety of abstract management tools, eLearning development software, web-conferencing tools and live capture/recording tools
- Serve as a liaison to association members, volunteer speakers and candidates
- Assist in providing content for client newsletters and email blasts as well as developing agendas and meeting minutes
- Provide support in the acquisition or maintenance of certifications as needed, including application processes and online tool support
- Manage program-specific invoicing
- Project administration including capturing meeting minutes, processing session evaluations (tabulation and basic analysis), providing customer service and overall client stewardship
- Work with volunteer subject matter experts on strategy, content and exam development and delivery
- Support various certification delivery platforms, to include eLearning, blended learning approaches, podcasts, instructional design, learning management systems, certification tracking tools, etc.
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have a passion for continuing education and professional development and certification
- You are motivated by a fast-paced, multi-client environment
- You are flexible and adaptable, and enjoy diversity in your work
- You want to work alongside driven, supportive and caring colleagues
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are detail-oriented with a strong proficiency in time management and organizational skills in handling multiple concurrent tasks
- You have the ability to travel 10-15% to attend educational events and client meetings
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution
- 0-2 years of relevant professional experience, to include experience in education and certification program support
- Relevant internship experience or employment is highly preferred
- Experience in the association space is highly preferred
- Experience organizing and setting up meetings (conference calls, online, in person) is a plus
- Knowledge of certification/testing industry standards, testing vendor community is a plus
- Database management experience is a plus
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin Corporation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.