The incumbent shall be able to demonstrate the ability to lead a successful Soccer program at the collegiate level. Duties to be fulfilled such as but not limited to:
1. Demonstrating the ability to administer NJCAA Division I intercollegiate program including recruiting, scheduling, fund raising, budgeting, travel and practice plans;
2. Ability to coach, teach and train student-athletes in skills and strategies related to competition;
3. Capability to instruct students in how to be academically successful;
4. Demonstrating the ability to mentor, maintain discipline, respect and standards of behavior;
5. Fulfilling other responsibilities in the Athletics Department based on coaches skill set, the needs of the Department and team sharing approach.
6. Maintain International student webpage
7. Review completed files on International student applications to make admission decisions regarding admission requirements.
8. Help evaluate the Issuing of I-20s to students meeting admission requirements for International students.
9. Maintain and document all interactions with F-1 students.
10. Attend training workshops for new information regarding international students.
11. Maintain academic requirements for International Students
12. Evaluate and partner with international student recruitment agencies
13. Ensure that college athletics meet 100% of NJCAA requirements and reporting mandates as well as all college and state regulations in regards to International students
14. Other duties as assigned.
This job requires any equivalent combination of knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and/or experience as indicated below:
1. Education and Training: The incumbent shall hold a combination of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant sport discipline and/or demonstrable experience as a Soccer coach at the high school or collegiate level and as applicable a relevant degree in a discipline for additional teaching duties and/or administrative practices as applicable.
2. Prior Related Experience: Demonstrable experience coaching at the Professional/College/Club/High School level.
3. International Recruitment and Documentation
4. Equipment Skills: Must possess valid driver’s license
5. Other Qualifications: The person holding this position is expected to be friendly, approachable, team-oriented, committed to students’ academic success, willing to work on a limited budget and integrate into a close networked Athletic Department. Good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to instruct students in how to be successful in college are essential qualities for the incumbent holding this position.
1. Education and Training: Master’s Degree in related field or higher.
2. Prior Related Experience: 2-4 years of playing and or previous head coaching experience at the college level.
3. Licensure/Certification: U.S. Soccer Certification recommended. CPR/First-Aid/ AED; Valid Commercial Driver License
4. International Recruiting and Documentation Experience
5. Other Qualifications:
• Knowledge of NJCAA and College rules, policies, and regulations.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of higher education including academic advising.
• Strong organizational skills and a proclivity for attention to details
• Able to multi-task, proactive with independent decision making, a self-starter.
• Specialize in player development and or recruiting.