As the global voice for sleep health, the National Sleep Foundation is a leader on sleep health issues with growing importance and visibility to policymakers, Fortune 500 corporations, healthcare providers, the media, and the public. Join us in improving lives by growing understanding and appreciation of sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial individual with up to 3 years of experience for the position of Coordinator, Sleep Technology & Education. The Coordinator will report to the Vice President of Programs and will be responsible for advancing NSF’s goal to ensure that sleep science is rapidly incorporated into products and services, seeking opportunities to expand NSF’s role in furthering sleep health innovation, cultivating champions and building relationships with innovators and other stakeholders, and developing and delivering educational programs and content.
The ideal candidate is energetic, a “people person”, is interested in tech & innovation, is creative and detail-oriented, and enjoys independent research and immersing him/herself in a particular topic of interest. This position will focus on developing new ways to improve sleep health through technology and will also ensure a broad-based background in nonprofit education.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate communications between NSF, Sleep Technology Council chair and council members.
- Write succinct project and council reports, meeting materials, agendas, minutes and summaries.
- Develop and manage project timelines; responsible for ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Cultivate champions and leverage relationships with council members to advance NSF’s mission.Sleep Technology Program Development & Management:
- Develop and execute the Sleep Technology Council’s programs, including an annual event to promote the consumer sleep technology category.
- Oversee the development of industry and consumer outreach initiatives designed to promote and support the growth of the consumer sleep technology sector.
- Explore the newest innovations in sleep technology as well as the business and investment opportunities in this growing sector.
- Think creatively to conceptualize and propose new, innovative ideas for technology programs and initiatives.
- Ensure that technology programs meaningfully contribute to the Organization’s mission.
- Manage and track budgets for programs.Education:
- Develop and deliver educational programming about sleep for various audiences ranging from investors to corporate HR professionals to members of the public.
- Provide general operational support to the Education department.
- Identify new areas of opportunity to provide education in the non-CME environment.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to grow non-CME education. Other:
- Build relationships, facilitate meetings, and cultivate champions with innovators, manufacturers, and other stakeholders in sleep technology.
- Produce memos, talking points, briefings, notes and presentations for internal and external audiences as needed.
- Give talks/speak to groups, as needed, regarding NSF agenda.
- Develop proposals for new programs; explore new funding opportunities.
- Recruit, train and supervise Sleep Health Technology interns.
- Promote NSF’s engagement around sleep technology.
- Coordinate with PR team to consider joint studies to explore consumer interest and awareness of sleep technology; press releases; satellite media tours touting latest sleep technology products; proactive media pitching; and other opportunities to generate visibility.