Note to Applicant: Please ensure your resume/cover letter illustrates the experience you have that demonstrates the level of proficiency required for the qualifications listed below (working and extensive). For a complete definition of the proficiency levels, please visit: http://hr.uiowa.edu/competencies/proficiency-levels. Three professional references will be requested now and at a later step in the recruitment process, additional references may be requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) required
- Coaching and recruiting experience at the NCAA Division I level.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to:
- Utilize basic office productivity software, such as Microsoft Office
- Work constructively and collaboratively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
- A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet The University of Iowa Fleet Safety Program driving standards
- Competitive swimming experience at the NCAA Power Five Conference level.
- Experience competing or coaching in the breaststroke or butterfly events at an elite level, such as Division I NCAA Championship, World Championship, or Olympic Trials highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in international and domestic talent assessment and proven ability to successfully recruit elite level student-athletes.
- Demonstrates working proficiency and ability to:
- Apply NCAA Division I rules and utilize an online recruiting database such as ACS (please specify)
- Develop and manage social media websites.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as demonstrated through public speaking, clinician experience, and/or use of effective and creative training/coaching techniques.
Application Process: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #70724. Only applications submitted at http://jobs.uiowa.edu will be considered. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.