The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) invites applications for the position of Assistant Dean/Director of Advancement for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. The Assistant Dean/Director is the chief advancement officer for the College, responsible for all activities related to advancing the College's mission through engaging alumni and friends of the College and securing private support. The Assistant Dean/Director of Advancement collaborates with the Dean and college faculty and staff in building strategic philanthropic relationships and directs communication related to the advancement function. As a member of the Dean's leadership team, the Assistant Dean/Director provides counsel to the Dean of the College and others on fundraising and constituent relationships. This position reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement. Collaboration among the Assistant Dean/Director of Advancement, Dean of the College, and the Associate Vice Chancellor for Advancement is essential to success.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences is the largest college at UIC and offers programs in the humanities, social sciences and the natural sciences that enhance the educational quality and depth of all undergraduate colleges on campus. More than 350 tenure system faculty teach the College’s approximately 10,000 undergraduate and 1,300 graduate students.
UIC is progressive and ground-breaking. We serve the needs of aspiring students and a devoted top-tier faculty who share a commitment to the promise of public education. Public service is at the core of the ethical values that inform what we do. An acclaimed research institution, UIC is made up of 15 top-ranking colleges and a health sciences system that includes a hospital, clinics and seven health sciences colleges. The student body is recognized as one of the most ethnically rich and culturally diverse among public universities nationwide. It reflects the vibrant and economically robust city we call home, which is as much a part of UIC as UIC is a part of Chicago.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Lead the advancement strategy for the College by developing, implementing and evaluating the annual advancement plan.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate College advancement staff.
- Provide strategic direction for the College’s annual giving program.
- Manage relationships with major gift donors, suspects and prospects.
- Work with advancement researchers and college faculty and staff to identify potential new donors and optimize portfolio.
- Develop a College-wide stewardship plan and review and update annually to ensure proper communication with donors about the College, the impact of donor gifts in advancing the College’s mission, and the College’s compliance with donor intent.
- Develop and review communications and events related to the College’s advancement program.
- Participate in planning and staffing special donor and alumni events.
- Provide strategic direction for the College’s alumni engagement program.
- Staff or oversee the staffing of the College’s Board of Visitors and any advancement-related volunteers.