Summary of Position:
The Manager, Program Development is responsible for managing the implementation and maintaining programming in support of opportunity youth, industry apprentices, incumbent workers, and other target audiences as identified with the NRAEF. The Manager, Program Development will collaborate with NRAEF and NRA team members to manage the fulfillment of federal contracts and grants, and coordinating the engagement of NRA enterprise-wide representatives and external stakeholders. The Manager, Program Development has an overall understanding of the dimensions of existing enterprise and industry workforce development programs and their components in the context of the business relationship of NRA/NRAEF with state restaurant associations (SRAs) and SRA Education Foundations, and plays a critical role as liaison to NRA Solutions for purposes of closely integrating NRAEF work to assist target audiences with Solutions product development and marketing initiatives. The Manager, Program Development is also responsible for assisting with the maintenance and promotion of the industry competency and pathway model which illustrates how individuals can enter and advance their careers through the restaurant industry.
- Works as part of the Program team to accomplish Foundation goals.
- Assists the Director, Program Development to accomplish Program team goals.
- Supports all internal team members and departments following the Foundation and Association mission and values while promoting their culture.
- Assists in the design and management of new and emerging programs of the Foundation
- Coordinates activities with the Foundation’s registered apprenticeship program with the US Department of Labor and ensures the success and fulfillment of all contractual and performance objectives
- Promotes the Foundation’s programming to provide a pathway to employment for our nation’s opportunity youth
- Manages progress of fulfillment of federal contracts and grant requirements with Program and enterprise-wide staff.
- Works closely with IT and finance on project integration and data management.
- With research partners, and internal team members, maintains workforce data to identify and illustrate corresponding career pathways or career roadmaps of sequential positions, roles and wages.
- Collaborates with NRA Solutions to identify subject matter experts, authors and reviews to guide the development of curriculum educator and trainer resources, organize and execute meetings.
- Works with communications staff to promote programs to national partners to publicize and promote emerging programs - understand the effectiveness/usage of print, digital, social media.
- Monitors all programmatic external communication (collateral material, website, social media, and literature) so that it is reflective of current program activity and metrics.
- Serves as liaison to community based organization partners and industry employers.
- Monitors federal government market and collaborates with development team members to assist in the identification of outside funding opportunities and/or research opportunities to obtain funding for the development of education and the workforce.
- Helps to design evaluative measures, metrics and process for tracking participants engaged in NRAEF programs.
- Provides ongoing oversight, ensuring quality control and consistency of participation and evaluation of programs
- Manages multiple projects and working groups simultaneously for all assigned products
- Develops and apply knowledge of the working relationship between the NRAEF and state restaurant associations/SRAEFs.
- Demonstrates courteous, cooperative, and helpful behavior to all internal and external contacts
- May participate on an internal team, either through formal assignment, or on an ad hoc basis
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at discretion of management