The Online Education Manager facilitates the planning and implementation of assigned programs, which include webinars and self-directed online learning. In addition, the Online Education Manager serves as the technical expert in the ongoing maintenance and improvement of the learning management system (Elevate) and education portion of membership database (ACGI). This roll provides information and technical assistance to prospective and current program participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with staff, subject matter experts, members, vendors and consultants to develop, implement, and maintain learning solutions that provide member value in all career stages.
- Execute all phases of online education program planning, which includes third-party content development, logistics and project management of budgets and timelines.
- Review educational offering evaluations and make recommendations for program enhancements. Ensure that course content is current and platforms are functioning properly.
- Respond to customer service inquiries via phone and email regarding continuing education requirements, online education, and meetings.
- Work with staff and committee members to identify subject matter experts to lead educational programs on relevant topics for the enrolled agent and tax preparer community, manage call for speaker’s process.
- Participate in content development team meetings to discuss projects, collaborate with staff and committee members, and ensure initiatives are in alignment with overall NAEA strategy.
- In conjunction with Director of Marketing/Communications/PR, analyze conference session attendee data, membership surveys, LinkedIn posts, etc. and make online education recommendations.
- Serve as primary contact to Gleim for EA Exam Prep program.
- Serve as primary contact for two to four hour weekly webinars – set up registration, train instructors on how to use the portal, create moderator script, upload data and QA into portal, monitor the webinar and answer any member questions
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS) and provide learning content expertise and support to resolve customer and course issues.
- Serve as interface between NAEA, database and LMS, providing recommendations to director for enhancements and development projects while being mindful of budget. NAEA would like to automate currently manual projects and processes.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications staff on identifying ways to promote educational offerings.
- Maintain professional relationships with technology partners, industry educational organizations and associations to keep current on the latest industry trends.
- Assist the Director of Education and Meetings on-site at live educational programs.
- Bachelor degree in education, or a related field.
- At least three years of professional experience.
- Exhibit strong project and process management skills. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with an eye for details under sometimes aggressive timelines.
- Possess strong business acumen, and organizational skills.
- Must be diplomatic and able to interact well with program/course leaders, committee members, current and future members.
- Proven ability to maintain and cultivate internal and external professional relationships. Always shows respect for a diverse constituency of staff, volunteers, and members.
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience using an association management system (AMS) and learning management system (LMS) is preferred.
- A passion for adult education and/or creating innovative learning experiences is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Working knowledge of business and technology applications that support member engagement. Ability to learn new software applications with relative ease.
Position requires up to fifteen days per year, including trips to conferences and other NAEA related meetings.
Qualified applicants, submit cover letter and resume with salary range expectations. Salary range expectations required to be considered. In the subject line use title: Online Education Manager. NAEA is an EEO employer. Relocation is not available. Please respond quickly. First round of interviews will take place within the next few weeks.