· Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of professional fundraising experience in major gifts and/or capital campaigns, including experience working at a senior level, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience asking for and closing major gifts.
· Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents such as major donors, foundations, and corporations.
· Knowledge of current and evolving trends in major gifts giving and solicitation and capital campaigns.
· Experience in planning and delivering budgetary responsibilities.
· Experience managing and supervising a multidisciplinary team.
· Experience working in a large, complex, non-profit environment.
· Experience, coursework, or other training in in the basics of charitable gift planning
· Experience fundraising for multiple strategies that are deployed at a local, regional, and global scale.
· Demonstrated success supervising a major gift program.
· Extensive management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives and manage performance of a large multi-disciplinary team and to foster an environment of creativity and professional growth and to give and receive timely, constructive feedback.
· Demonstrated ability to inspire through presentations, conversations, and written communications.
· Experience working with volunteer leadership and senior staff leadership in fundraising, including the ability to motivate, lead, and build the confidence of partners who may be less experienced in the field;
· Experience with annual and long range strategic planning, goal setting and performance management.