NOTE: Assistant/Coordinator Level Determined Based on Experience
Effie Worldwide is seeking a talented, proactive professional to support the North American Effie Awards programs. The Events & Program Assistant/Coordinator will gain an understanding of the nature of Effie’s business, philosophy and approach to work to support the program throughout the entire competition cycle. The Assistant/Coordinator will work to optimize the North American Effie Awards and Shopper Marketing Effie Awards competitions, focusing on event management and program development.
We are looking for a critical thinker who can take an assignment and run with it. Candidates must be able to multitask and have incredible focus on details. Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow within an organization and become a dedicated member of a very hard-working and enthusiastic team.
The role will include responsibilities in the following areas:
- Programs & Logistics – Support the coordination of the 20+ North American Effie Awards events – judging, gala, meetings, and conferences. This includes the preparation of event registration sites, assisting in the research and recruitment of qualified participants, preparing and overseeing the production of event materials (name badges, attendee lists, judging packets, supplies, etc.), coordinating invitations and registration, on-site event assistance, as well as software and website updates. Maintenance of databases and ability to generate clear and accurate reports, forms, letters and tables required.
- Meetings & Events- logistical and hands-on support includes understanding meeting/event requirements; scheduling, set-up, and break-down/pack-up; placing orders with outside vendors, and clear communication with guests/participants, vendors, and internal departments.
- Call for Entries (CFE) – Provide support with the processing of entries into the North American and Shopper Marketing Effie competitions; screen entries to ensure entrants adhered to guidelines and rules of the competition; communicate with entrants; follow up on requested materials. Produce and analyze entrant reports.
- Research, Development and List Management – List building and maintenance for marketing purposes and judge recruitment, industry research, data entry, database maintenance. Assist in the creation, review and analysis of program materials and reports.
- Program Committees – Assist in a liaison role to the various program committees with responsibilities including written and oral communications with volunteers; detailed note-taking to create meeting minutes and communication to staff about action items; preparation of agenda items, and active meeting and/or conference call participation.
- General Administrative Support – In additional to general admin support (scheduling, taking minutes, project-related errands, drafting memos and invoices), you may be asked to jump in and perform other duties as needed to support our small and hard-working team.