Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with at least seven years of progressively responsible job experience in major and planned gifts fundraising, preferably with experience working in a complex healthcare organization. Demonstrated track record of securing six-figure and seven-figure gifts. Three or more years of experience managing professional fundraising staff, preferably in an academic or medical environment.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Experience in employee development and performance management with a sincere appreciation for people and how they are each uniquely motivated.
- Poise and an engaging, empathetic communications style based on natural warmth and enthusiasm.
- Fast-paced and results orientation with the ability to work in a timely manner with multiple deadlines and competing requirements.
- Strong written, presentation, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to relate well to individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to promote persuasively the Hospital’s mission in patient care, program development, education, and research. Effectively communicate complex medical information to both lay and professional audiences. Must maintain and exhibit
- Demonstration of good judgement, professionalism and the highest standards of ethical conduct.
- Ability to identify and assess business needs and coordinate effective operating and system solutions.
- Ability and willingness to travel, locally and regionally and to work occasionally on weekends and evenings is required.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office with knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management software.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.