This position is part of the SETS Education team, which is responsible for program development and delivery at all Solar Power Events. As part of an agile team, the Education Manager will be responsible for the creation, delivery, and continuous improvement of compelling education programs that meet the business, networking, and professional development goals of our attendees.
SETS is seeking an experienced, consensus-building, team-player. A successful candidate will lead and perform to SETS strategic goals and objectives and rely on their extensive experience and judgment to deliver high-quality programming. The Education Manager will work with internal team members and external stakeholders, partners, and vendors on a daily basis and will be responsible for delivering exceptional customer service.
SETS is a fast-paced, high-energy organization with a very ambitious agenda and a motivated staff. Recognized by Trade Show Executive and Trade Show News Network, SPI has also been among the Gold 100 trade shows for seven years running and named "Stickiest Show Floor" by Trade Show Executive for the innovative ways in which attendees stay engaged.
The Education Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Managing numerous Solar Power International education program projects, including speaker and session development, poster presentations, volunteers, and other projects as necessary;
- Serving as Education lead for multiple Solar Power Events. This includes: working with the staff of our solar industry trade association parents, SEIA and SEPA, to manage content development via committee; development of event goals; outlining session topics; facilitating the creation of session descriptions; inviting and tracking speakers and accompanying documentation; coordinating and facilitating session planning calls; onsite management of all sessions and speakers; assistance with program evaluations; and other duties necessary to accomplish exceptional events;
- Developing outstanding, customer-focused relationships with speakers and attendees as demonstrated by an ability to respond creatively, active listening, and applying knowledge to determine solutions;
- Supporting the Director of Education and SEIA / SEPA staff to encourage an effective relationship-driven and communication-centered process, including participating in and taking notes on weekly calls;
- Working with operations, sales, and marketing departments and vendors to ensure seamless program development and execution;
- Assisting with management of education software, Cadmium CD. This includes maintaining the speaker database and the creation of processes and procedures that meet and exceed SETS standards;
- Providing accurate and timely reporting; and
- Working with the Education staff to evaluate and recommend continuous improvements to our events.