In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Role Value Proposition:
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit will be laser focused on risks that could impact achieving this insurgent mission and adding value with sound business advice.
Brighthouse Financial Internal Audit Managers (IA Managers) report to the Internal Audit Leaders. IA Managers are responsible for designing and executing end-to-end risk coverage for specific risks. They will own the day to day execution of their assigned audits to ensure appropriate risk coverage and documentation to support our opinion. We will leverage data analytics in assessing risks and providing these opinions. Our people must have the credibility to stand behind those opinions and drive change when necessary to achieve appropriate risk mitigation. They must be willing to wear multiple hats by developing broad business skills through rotational roles, including insurance business, finance, technology and data skills. They need deep skills in their primary area of expertise. They must drive quality in all assurance work through tenacious training, review, feedback and holding team members accountable.
This IA Manager is responsible for the risk coverage and data driven audit approach associated with the financial aspects of Brighthouse Financial, including, but not limited to Investments, Risk Management, Finance, Accounting, Treasury, ALM, Actuarial, Expense Management and related systems and technology. This role is primarily responsible to:
- Perform risk assessments and execute assurance work
- Support the Chief Auditor’s quarterly and year end SEC filing attestations to the Audit Committee
- Coordinate with the Internal Controls Department on the execution of the enterprise SOX program
- Collaborate on developing this new audit department, including the mission, risk and audit methodology, audit process, audit reports, quality assurance, auditing and risk technology, Audit Committee and senior management reporting.
- Ensure business risk is the compass that guides everything we do.
- Perform risk assessments, defining audit plans in a collaborative team environment putting the team’s best interest over individual interest.
- Work closely with Audit Leaders to develop the scope and audit approach of all audits to ensure we focus on the right risk and hold the business accountable to mitigate risk in alignment with the Brighthouse risk appetite.
- Cover a broad range of risks, including business, technology and data related.
- Drive consistency and quality in audit execution and reporting through thorough reviews, personal feedback, debrief sessions and holding team members accountable.
- Provide subject matter expertise in accounting policy and regulatory reporting, including US GAAP and Statutory and SEC reporting.