Igniting Ingenuity & Innovation in St. Louis via Venture Philanthropy!
As recognized in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Popular Mechanic, The Wall Street Journal Magazine, Business Week, and The St. Louis Business Journal, just to name a few, Arch Grants has made its mark on the St. Louis region in short order. Since its inception in 2012, Arch Grants has awarded over $5.2 million to 96 early-stage companies. In turn, Grant Recipients have generated over 300 jobs, $48 million in revenue, and, over $100M in capital.
Best known for its competitive Global Startup Competition, featuring $50,000 equity-free grants to innovative entrepreneurs who choose to locate their company in St. Louis, Arch Grants is a nonprofit organization dedicated to aggressively accelerating economic development and proactively inspiring the next generation of employers, civic leaders and philanthropists in St. Louis. In addition to the funding, Arch Grants Recipients receive community connections, business support, and, pro bono legal, accounting and marketing assistance from generous local Angel Vendors. For more information, visit www.archgrants.org.
Poised for even greater growth ahead, Arch Grants is seeking an Executive Director who will partner closely with its Board of Directors to raise the required philanthropic support, implement strategic direction, provide staff leadership, and ensure mission alignment. The Executive Director will focus on long-term resource development necessary to attract and to retain the best and brightest entrepreneurs to the St Louis region. The Executive Director will not only ensure exceptional pro bono services, support and resources for competition winners and recipients, but also assist in positioning the organization for increased national and international exposure.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, our new Executive Director will:
- DEVELOP OUR RESOURCES (Fundraising and Development): Cultivate donor relationships and oversee all communication efforts to create a high-level of donor engagement. Create a long term sustainable funding source. Lead the location of potential funding sources, including public sources, corporate sponsors, individual donors and grant opportunities. Provide direct oversight for all fundraising events, including Arch Grants’ Annual Gala. More than 50% of time will be spent on fundraising and development efforts.
- BE OUR INTERNATIONAL VOICE (Communications, Marketing and Public Relations): Serve as Arch Grants’ face to the community, consistently, and positively presenting the organization and its mission to all stakeholders. Lead staff to develop an effective and consistent communications strategy and annual marketing plan. Develop, enhance, and maintain productive relationships with all community constituents, policymakers, and media sources. Lead the staff in marketing efforts to attract entrepreneurs and a strong donor base while effectively marketing Arch Grants’ annual startup competition on a global level.
- STEER OUR GLOBAL STARTUP COMPETITION (Operational Oversight): Provide operational oversight necessary to lead Arch Grants’ Global Startup Competition through its annual cycles of fundraising, competition application and judging processes, finalist days, and the announcement of Arch Grants Recipients. Ensure excellence in the Arch Grants competition and enable staff to recruit a diverse group of applicants and to obtain the highest quality competition judges, mentors, and other professional service providers and volunteers. Enable staff to provide support for Arch Grants Entrepreneurs while further developing the Arch Grants program to enhance grant recipients’ chances for success, including collection of milestones and metrics.
- LEAD OUR TEAM (Staff Management & Development): Provide leadership and supervision for Arch Grants’ internal team, including its Director of Operations, Marketing Manager and Stewardship Manager. Create and ensure a supportive organizational culture among the staff as well as volunteers and organizational stakeholders. Work with the Board to develop key metrics and measurements for success.
- STEWARD OUR ASSETS (Financial Oversight): Manage the organization’s finances. Oversee all aspects of the organization’s accounting procedures, financial reporting, and performance analysis. Keep Board informed of efforts to ensure Arch Grants financial resources are stewarded with care and financial expertise.