Bachelor’s degree in areas of sport management or related field.
Master’s degree in same areas of concentration.
- Demonstrated coaching experience in planning and directing a highly skilled men’s basketball team.
- Proven ability to select, recruit and develop highly qualified student-athletes.
- Knowledge of personnel management and staff development, financial planning, and personal relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, administrative personnel, and the general public.
- Minimum five years coaching experience.
- High moral and ethical standards required.
- Five years coaching at Division I level preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Starting Date: As soon as possible following completion of search.
To receive full consideration, application materials must be received by March 20, 2017. Applications not submitted through https://jobs.illinois.edu will not be considered. Candidate must upload a letter of application and resume. Online application will require the names and contact information for three references. For further information regarding application procedures, contact: Paul Kowalczyk, Executive Associate Athletic Director, email@example.com.
Interviews may take place prior to closing date, but no selection will be made until after closing date.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or criminal conviction history. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).