The women's volleyball coach will be accountable for all elements included in conducting an intercollegiate sport. This position will be responsible for teaching individual and team fundamental skills; developing and implementing game strategies and techniques; monitoring student-athlete academic progress, evaluating team and student progress and assessing motivation; recruiting; fostering team conduct and discipline that exemplifies the image and reputation of the athletics program. This position is also responsible for developing and managing team volunteers and assistant coaches; overseeing a strength and condition program in collaboration with consultants and other staff; supervising fundraising and community engagement activities, camps and clinics. Accountable for the volleyball program budget. Ensures compliance with department, university, GLVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
This is a full-time, 12-month assignment reporting directly to the Associate Athletic Director/Compliance. Approximately 75% of the position will be focused on coaching with the remaining 25% devoted to other department assignments. During the next year, this position will be managing athletic concessions including hiring, training, inventory, cash handling, and operating procedures.
Bachelor degree plus a minimum of three years' college-level coaching experience required together with a comprehensive knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations, preferably Division II. Master's degree preferred as is previous collegiate head coaching experience. Demonstrated knowledge of volleyball is required. Must have experience in working with a diverse population. This position requires the ability to travel and work extended hours on nights and weekends during the volleyball seasons. Please complete the online application at https://www.careers.wisconsin.edu. Applications received by April 1, 2017 are ensured full consideration. A criminal background check and degree verification is part of the application process.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is a comprehensive campus of the University of Wisconsin System with approximately 4500 students. We are committed to diversity, engagement, access and academic excellence. The campus is located between the cities of Kenosha and Racine in southeastern Wisconsin, within the Chicago-Milwaukee corridor. The university is situated on 700 acres of prairie and woo...dland approximately two miles west of Lake Michigan and has preserved much of its natural wooded and prairie state.
The University of Wisconsin-Parkside is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.