Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, social work, Jewish studies, education, psychology, and more.
We are a leading global educational institution that employs over 2,000 people across our various campus locations -- Wilf Campus, Beren Campus, Brookdale Center, Resnick Campus in the Bronx, the Gruss Institute in Jerusalem, the Boys High School in Manhattan and the Girls High School in Queens. From the distinguished faculty who teach here, to the dedicated staff, we work to fulfill our mission: to "bring wisdom to life" through all that we teach, by all that we do and for all those we serve. We seek to attract and retain engaged and committed individuals who contribute to an exciting working environment, where there is a sense of community and belonging, balanced with a significant cross section of people from diverse backgrounds working and studying together.
The University offers an excellent compensation package, and a broad range of employee benefit plans, including immediate participation in the University's retirement plan. Staff members are typically eligible for four weeks paid vacation each year and a shuttle to nearby subway locations.
Yeshiva University's Office of Annual Giving seeks a dynamic, motivated and experienced Annual Giving Officer to play a pivotal role in dramatically growing the YU Annual Fund. Reporting to the Senior Director of Annual Giving, the Annual Giving Officer will be part of a small and highly capable team responsible for face-to-face solicitations, volunteer engagement, direct marketing, phonathon, online giving, special events, and student initiatives that collectively generate millions of dollars annually in unrestricted, current use cash for Yeshiva University's Manhattan Campus operations.
As the Annual Fund's strategy shifts to a much greater focus on early identification of prospects, face-to-face solicitation and peer-driven giving of annual gifts, the Annual Giving Officer will have direct fundraising responsibilities for gifts between $500 and $5,000 with a real emphasis on migrating prospects to the YU Chai level ($1800 and above). The candidate will also be responsible for managing key Annual Giving initiatives and work with the Senior Director and other members of the Annual Giving team to execute an Annual Fund plan designed to significantly increase total dollars raised and number of donors for YU. The Annual Giving Officer wiill be called on to assist with managing the phonathon program.
- Identify new prospects and current donors capable of making annual gifts; cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors making annual gifts to Yeshiva University between $500 and $5,000
- Assist with managing regional initiatives and Campaign Cabinet, including fundraising events focused on donor acquisition and retention, and increased giving from existing donors
- Work with Alumni Affairs and other University departments to identify and follow-up with prospects who are attending Affinity-based alumni events; grow membership in the Professional Leadership Circle and Real Estate Executive Circle. Partner with Director of Alumni Affairs to create a more robust class reunion fundraising program
- Assist in developing and managing the Parents Campaign, including the Parents of Graduating Seniors appeal
- Collaborate on initiatives, including future days of giving or crowd-funding initiatives
- Perform other tasks as needed