The US Navy Memorial is looking for a highly motivated and positive person to enhance our Development team. Reporting to the EVP/COO, the Development Officer is responsible for Major Gifts and Planned Giving.
The incumbent is responsible to identify, cultivate, solicit, close and steward major and planned gifts and to meet the fundraising goals and objectives established. S/he will work closely and collaboratively with the small Navy Memorial Foundation Development team which includes the President and CEO who also serves as the Chief Development Officer.
The right candidate is detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated and ready to create and manage engaging and successful major gifts and planned giving programs. This person is excited about working with a collaborative and energetic staff, is flexible to a rapidly changing environment, and has a can-do, proactive attitude about working as part of a team.
Duties include outreach through phone calls and in person meetings to encourage financial support, working events and the development of a stewardship plan to grow core members. Other duties include database management (Salesforce) associated with this program and various other associated administrative duties.
The current incumbent is retiring after approximately 30 years at the Navy Memorial. While a long-successful revenue resource, the Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs need to be overhauled, modernized and operationalized in order to maximize potential revenue sources. The ideal candidate has experience in these areas and is ready to lead these specific programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Create and implement short, intermediate and long-term major gifts donor strategies that include identification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and retention for both current and prospective donors
2. Establish and maintain a donor cultivation cycle and gift stewardship program to ensure that new major donors are developed
3. Oversee and manage all aspects of the planned giving program, to included bequests, trusts, charitable gift annuities, and other planned giving vehicles
4. Manage and maintain database, spreadsheets donor lists, calendars and files
5. Plan and prepare materials for internal and external meetings/conferences, including logistics Prepare written materials in consultation with management, including correspondence, solicitation materials, acknowledgements, and regular communications as part of the stewardship program.
6. Help coordinate and assist with fundraising activities including events, donor relations, interdepartmental communications and external marketing
Prepare marketing materials in consultation with management, including brochures, articles, as needed to promote the concept of major and planned giving Maintain major donor prospect and donor records in Salesforce database