SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively build and lead a highly-successful women’s basketball program, in all areas, that creates a culture of excellence in everything the program does for student-athletes, and embraces the philosophies, rules and values of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) and NCAA Division III.
- Develop a program that will be highly competitive annually within the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference.
- Ambitiously and successfully recruit and retain academically and athletically motivated student-athletes who will have a positive impact on the program and campus.
- Monitor and promote a highly successful academic atmosphere for student-athletes.
- Develop a culture of excellence where successful student-athletes will thrive and be engaged in the growth of the team and themselves.
- Plan and conduct team practices.
- Prepare game and scrimmage schedules and submit them to the Director of Athletics.
- Be responsible for processing business-related paperwork, such as: requisitions for purchase orders, travel forms, credit card purchases and receipts, travel advances, reimbursements and other business forms.
- Arrange for contest officials.
- Make travel arrangements for road games.
- Manage funds by staying within an annual budget, which includes equipment, travel, facility, training or related resource needs.
- Participate in community service activities.
- Participate in Athletic Department meetings and SCAC meetings.
- Be responsible for the inventory (purchase, maintenance, and repair) of uniforms, supplies, and equipment.
- Supply information as requested to maintain and update the Schreiner Athletics website.
- Know and abide by the rules and policies of Schreiner University, SCAC and NCAA Division III, as well as embracing its philosophies.
- Be responsible for student-athletes’ conduct on trips.
- Recommend athletes for awards.
- Enhance professional growth by attending clinics and workshops.
Supervision Responsibilities - Assigned Student Employees; Assistant Coach; Student Assistant Coaches; Team Managers
- Maintain University Office Safety - Ensure that all filing cabinet drawers are shut when not in use, cords are not across floor without being securely fastened down, all walkways remain clear in the office and hallway with no items hanging off edges or coming out from under tables, and chairs are placed in unobtrusive areas. Other safety features for basketball program.
- Communications - Act to facilitate good communications between employees, students, parents and management through interpersonal and professional communication techniques.
- Confidentiality - Maintain the highest level of confidence concerning all matters in the Athletic Department. Do not discuss in any manner any information obtained through work.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Athletics.
Out of town overnight travel for intercollegiate athletic contests, meetings, conferences and recruiting efforts using personal vehicle or company vehicle.
Weekend and holiday work schedule when necessary.
Occasional overtime work required during season and post season play.
90% walking or standing.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior NCAA Division III women’s basketball coaching experience preferred
- Proficiency in scheduling games, practice and travel
- Proficiency in preparation of budgets
- Ability to relate to young adults
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as University team member
- Ability to travel overnight with basketball team
- Know and abide by policies of Schreiner University, NCAA and the SCAC.