Working directly with and reporting to the Vice President, Marketing, Development & Communications, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high-net-worth individual donors and prospects, as well as several foundation donors. S/he will develop successful identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship techniques that result in the development of a robust pipeline and consistent upgrading of donors. The Senior MGO will work directly with high-level board members and volunteers, fostering deeper engagement and leveraging their resources to increase support for Women for Women International. This individual will also work collaboratively throughout the organization to identify and capitalize on fundraising opportunities for current and new programs.
- Thoroughly understand Women for Women International, its mission, policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances;
- Manage a personal portfolio of over 50 high-net-worth individuals and foundations (securing six- and seven-figure gifts), including nurturing and building strong, positive relationships with donors through consistent communication and face to face visits, managing timelines, and developing proposals; frequent travel is required;
- Leverage senior leadership, board and volunteer networks, and other organizational resources to identify, cultivate, and steward high-net-worth individuals and foundation prospective supporters and donors;
- Proactively seek new major gift prospects, successfully leveraging Women for Women International’s President, database, volunteer resources, and research tools;
- Work alongside the President, Vice President, Marketing, Development & Communications, and the Director of Development to develop an individual giving strategy focused on increasing private sector support, creating an effective moves management system, and developing a strong case for support;
- Track prospect and donor contact, status, follow up, and essential information in the organization’s database, Salesforce.
Communication & Teamwork
- Communication with donors;
- Communication within department and cross-functionally throughout the organization;
- Communication with vendors.
- Accepts constructive feedback;
- Positive attitude;
- Work ethic;
- Initiative/proactive problem solving;
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values;
- Discretion with sensitive materials.