A Place To Be, a rapidly growing Music & Expressive Arts therapy non-profit based in western Loudoun County, is looking for a business leader to join our dynamic, creative team. Widely known for its highly acclaimed and transformative Same Sky Project, APTB has now reached over 40,000 middle and high school students celebrating differences and teaching empathy and compassion for all. APTB currently serves a few hundred families per week through private and group therapeutic sessions at 3 locations and is growing. A successful candidate believes in empathy and kindness for all people and has a desire to bring their business skills to a place that uses the therapeutic arts to help people with disabilities, illnesses, and life challenges.
Basic Function: The Senior Director of Finance and Administration (SDoFA) is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of A Place To Be (APTB), to include development and monitoring of financial and operational strategies, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The SDoFA will manage effective administrative systems including financial, legal, IT, HR, and physical infrastructure. As a member of the senior management team, the SDoFA will be involved in strategic planning, evaluation, and any APTB expansions. The SDoFA will work closely with the Founders/Executive Directors, supporting their vision and reporting to them and will also work closely with the Board of Directors.
- Direct and Monitor the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial strategies and budgets
- Monitor performance metrics that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior management team
- Maintain close collaborative relations with all members of the team
- Manage accounting, human resources & legal staff/departments and/or manage third parties to which these functions have been outsourced
- Lead APTB’s technical staff helping to implement IT needs (hardware & software)
- Oversee all Administrative departments including: Development, Operations, Finance
- Supervise/manage direct reports (2-3 people) and indirect reports (2-4 people)
- Present all financial reports (ex. financial forecasting, budget to actuals, cash flow, key metrics, future projections, expansions)
- Monitor all forms & filings
- Maintain banking relationships & Coordinate all Audit activities
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all legal issues involving the company and affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems; report risks to the ED’s
- Monitor and maintain insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
Working Conditions: Small, friendly office environment with majority of time spent on-site.
Interested Applicants: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Use subject line: “SDoFA Position” and include 3 professional references with contact info.