The Foundation Fighting Blindness is the largest nongovernmental foundation supporting retinal disease research in the world, funding clinical trials to preserve and restore vision. Our headquarters are in Columbia, MD with regional offices in New York NY, Chicago IL, Raleigh NC and Santa Monica CA.
Over the past four decades, FFB expanded its influence by raising more than $650 million to fund thousands of research studies at prominent institutions worldwide, attracting and investing in the first generation of clinicians and scientists focused on retinal disease research. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced EVENTS DIRECTOR to be part of our team. This position will be based in New York, NY.
- Provide direction and strategic management of the Events program and staff in collaboration with the Senior Director, National Events. This encompasses management of staff, as well as the overall goals, strategies and initiatives
- Identify, develop, support and expand sustainable new and existing events
- Collaborate with regional Events Managers to increase local sponsor recruitment and retention, as well as identify and implement plans to engage regional and national corporate sponsors
- Collaborate with regional Events Managers to use chapters and events as a means to increase participation, fundraising, and awareness
- Collaborate with regional Events Managers to build and implement strategic plans for the region to increase year over year revenue and identify and engage new leadership to ensure event sustainability
- Recruit, manage, and empower events staff by providing structured guidance, training, and direction with event expertise
- Develop accurate and reasonable timelines (with duties, deadlines, benchmarks) and budgets that are attainable yet aggressive
- Supervise on-site logistics through regular travel to regional offices and attendance when necessary on event day
- Provide guidance and oversight of fundraising programs such as walks, galas and dinners
- Work with the Communication Department to market events and programs to targeted sponsors, FFB members, and the public at large, as well as provide opportunities to highlight FFB family and event stories
- Work with Database Department to coordinate training programs pertaining to Events staff module use
- Liaise with Science Department to ensure staff are educated on FFB scientific advancements and have talking points to relay that information to new and existing members
- Ensure the Events program has effective systems for budget oversight, event reporting and analysis of all aspects of the program.
Please send resume with salary requirements to HR@fightblindness.org. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a terrific team to work with! FFB is an equal opportunity employer.