The primary purpose of this position is to develop analytics to grow revenue, enhance the organizations business intelligence and improve reporting capabilities throughout revenue generating operations. The position will integrate BIO’s data analytics systems and support marketing and event promotion operations with data driven solutions. The position will supervise and have responsibility for developing, maintaining and providing analysis and forecasts for the BIO’s event portfolio and other revenue generating services.
- Maintain and track event and industry trends, and deliver insights on important metrics:
Provide analytics on (sponsorship & exhibit) sales:
- retention & churn metrics
- attendee growth by company
- attendee metrics like loyalty and value
- geographic metrics and corresponding impact on BIO’s events and services
- Conversion analysis: Marketing-to-registration
- Work with the Marketing team to understand and access the behavioral data available in Marketo to help identify pre-registration/conversion trends.
Advise BIO’s management on best practices on pricing and help optimize pricing for events and services, in order to retain and grow attendance at BIO’s events and maximize revenues. Develop predictive models to forecast event attendance, exhibit and sponsorship sales and revenue generation. Help develop the organizations long-term data and analytics strategy
- Loyalty, first timer, retention and growth metrics for companies and exhibitors
- Work with the Sales, Marketing and IT teams to determine what reports can be pulled on demand using Salesforce
Provide high value analytic support for the existing investor & partnering events, while also training others to undertake these analyses independently to support promotion of events. Conduct research and analysis on revenue innovation opportunities for the organization. Supervise and provide direct support to the investor & partnering events undertaken by BIO, as needed for partnering, programming, company presentations, marketing, sponsorship or customer service.
- Move organization toward a more data-centric and integrated future
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of BIO’s numerous web and data systems (ie: personify, salesforce, map your show, CSI, Marketto, HighRoad, Lanyon, etc.) and their various integrations points to ensure data is pulled from the best sources.
Understand capital markets and trends in overall financial investment in biotech, pharmaceuticals and other medical technologies, and integrate trends as a part of industry and event analysis. Produce written materials describing data analyses, including key trends, events, and milestones. Boil down complex data questions into manageable analysis and presentations. As needed, develop and use advanced forecasting and analytic methods (simulation/Monte Carlo, regression analysis, etc.) Supervise the analysis of investor & partnering events for the biotech industry, resulting in annual and extended term (multi-year) budget forecasting and conference registration analysis. Supervise the maintenance of accurate historical files of all registration information and data for each event. As needed, provide analysis of investor & partnering events and provide on-site support and customer service support for BIO’s investor & partnering events. Supervise and coach the development of staff in order to increase in-house analytics capabilities.
- Develop predictive calculations on the relationship between company presentations and paid registration, sponsorship sales and comps, and similar to better predict how changes in one category will impact others.
- Strong data and business analytics skills
- Comfortable with database and web applications
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and possess strong organizational skills.
- Organized; Ability to multi-task, attention to detail, and team player
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be an independent worker and self-starter, pay close attention to detail.
- College degree or equivalent years of experience, advanced degree a plus.
- 5+ years of related work experience.
- A solid understanding and knowledge of event budgeting, data analysis, and coordination.
- Experience working for corporate or association conferences/conventions.
- An acumen for the biotech industry
- Must be willing to travel