Knowledge and Background:
- Demonstrated success in being personally responsible for regularly meeting or exceeding sales/revenue goals, either in the for-profit or non-profit sector
- Familiarity and experience working with membership organizations, associations, or non-profits
- Demonstrated experience working in sales contact, member, or donor databases such as SalesForce, iMIS, Donor Perfect, or Raiser’s Edge) - particularly in running queries and reports
- Proficiency using MS Office Suite
Skills and Abilities:
- Extremely customer/member service-oriented with a demonstrated ability to resolve issues with grace and diplomacy
- Strong written, oral, listening, and other communication skills
- Well-organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at one time while being respectful of deadlines
- Positive, persuasive, and persistent while at the same time poised and professional
- Ability to work well independently and creatively within a team environment
- Results-driven and self-motivated individual able to work with minimal supervision
- Can supervise and manage part-time and volunteer staff; dedicated to their mentorship and professional growth
To apply, please submit:
1) Your current resume
2) A brief cover letter that details your interest, background, and salary requirements for the position.
Submit by email to Ms. Kate Tyrawski, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5PM ET.
The position is salaried, full-time, and exempt with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience. For more information about the American Public Gardens Association, please visit www.publicgardens.org. The Association is an EOE.