ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Advocates for Youth (Advocates) partners with youth leaders, adult allies, and youth-serving organizations to advocate for policies and champion programs that recognize young people's rights to: honest sexual health information; accessible, confidential, and affordable sexual health services; and the resources and opportunities necessary to create sexual health equity for all youth.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Grants Manager is responsible for contributing to the success of Advocates for Youth’s overall development program, including, but not limited to, overall grants management and foundation relations, proposal development and writing, and prospect identification and planning. A priority of the position is the effective written and oral presentation of Advocates for Youth’s mission, programmatic priorities, and initiatives to create sexual health equity for all young people. In addition, the Grants Manager will write grant reports and concepts papers, develop budgets in collaboration with Advocates’ Finance and Program teams, and will engage in ongoing foundation outreach and cultivation activities.
- Write and submit grants and proposals, working closely with Advocates’ teams to represent the organization’s work.
- Develop proposals, concept papers, letters of intent, and other correspondences that align development prospects with organizational needs and priorities.
- In partnership with Finance, support budgeting for grant proposals and fiscal reporting.
- Cultivate and foster effective relationships with current funders and new foundation prospects, in particular, by maintain ongoing contact and effective working relationships with foundation program officers.
- Collaborate with staff to maximize potential of current and prospective funders.
- Prepare briefing memos and other informational materials that aid in Advocates’ management team’s donor engagement.
- Conduct and update prospect research to support organizational goals.
- Maintain calendar of deadlines and engagement for proposals, grants, and cultivation opportunities.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, two writing samples (no more than three pages each), three references, and salary requirements to email@example.com with subject line Grants Manager and your last name. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. No telephone calls or email inquiries, please.