The Auto Alliance (Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers) is committed to developing and implementing constructive solutions to public policy challenges that promote sustainable mobility and benefit society in the areas of environment, energy, motor vehicle safety, technology and innovation.
The Auto Alliance, the leading advocacy group for the auto industry, represents 77% of all car and light truck sales in the United States, including the BMW Group, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Company, Jaguar Land Rover, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz USA, Mitsubishi Motors, Porsche, Toyota, Volkswagen Group of America and Volvo Car USA. Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Alliance also has offices in Sacramento, California and Detroit, Michigan.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be an integral part of the Operations team responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the accounting and finance functions as well as operations and administrative responsibilities at the Alliance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Finance – manage and assist with the day-to-day operations and accounting tasks related to audit, PAC, tax and regulatory filings to provide accurate data from payroll, benefits and personnel as required.
- Maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts receivable, fixed assets, accounts payable, deferred revenue, and other accounts as deemed necessary.
- Review and monitor internal control policies and procedures to ensure preparation of reliable financial statements and the safeguarding of association assets. Develop comprehensive accounting policies and procedures manual.
- Develop recommendations for improvements in processes and procedures to streamline accounting operations.
- Establish, enhance and monitor operating procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial results for all areas of accounting.
- Oversee and assist with timely and accurate monthly financial reporting.
- Responsible for overseeing the Alliance’s Audit process, gathering appropriate documents and engaging the auditing team.
- Create and maintain invoice and expenditure tracking system for rental facilities at the Alliance.
Operations – assist with operations and administrative functions to help in streamlining internal processes with continuous review of vendors/plans for potential cost savings.
- Create payroll process by preparing entries and calculations on salary changes, various benefit plan deductions, PAC contributions and voluntary benefits. Reviews computer payroll runs for errors and omissions. Submits payroll on semi-monthly basis.
- Serves as plan administrator for association’s retirement plans to include 401K, 457(B) and 125 Flex Spending. Ensures all calculations for company contributions are accurate and dispersed in a timely manner. Ensures all federal and state required filings are completed. Develop operations policies and procedures manual including vendor contact list.