Title: Executive Director
Location: Greenville, SC
Partners in Agriculture (PIA) improves agricultural and construction practices and relieves poverty and malnourishment in Haiti’s Central Plateau by supporting three model farms and a vocational school. PIA works with its Haitian sister organizations, Zanmi Agrikol (PIA in Creole) and Centre de Formation Fritz Lafontant, which formed in 2004 and 2012, respectively, as part of Zanmi Lasante (Partners in Health in Creole), the Haitian sister organization of Boston-based Partners in Health. PIA believes that when Haiti’s rural people receive the tools and education necessary to improve their own livelihoods and natural environment, personal responsibility will flourish and restore human dignity among these marginalized populations. PIA also dedicates itself to developing high quality education and research and extension programming in technical disciplines, with particular emphasis on agriculture. Through targeted educational and training programs, PIA strives to break the cycle of poverty that rural families currently experience. To do so, it uses technical knowledge to increase families’ household income and provide food security to those families.
Since forming as a separate 501(c)(3) in 2013, PIA has substantially grown these programs as a volunteer run organization. Now, PIA is actively seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate professional that can sustain that growth and more.
Explore PIA, its values, and its mission online.
In collaboration with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will plan and implement PIA’s overall strategy. The ideal candidate is an energetic, goal oriented, team player, with excellent skills in communication (oral and written) and relationship-building, demonstrated interest in supporting volunteers, and a strong commitment to serving those less fortunate. The key objectives for the Executive Director are the following:
- Reinforce Board – develop, maintain and support a strong, active Board of Directors. Seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing initiatives.
- Growth – spearhead the growth of PIA by implementing an aggressive fundraising plan with a primary focus on raising unrestricted funds from private foundations and major donors and a secondary focus on comprehensively marketing to the public.
- Increase Visibility – develop and implement a plan to raise awareness about the work of PIA, including in the media, at professional conferences, and to the public.
- Serve as the chief fundraiser for PIA with a particular focus on raising unrestricted funds from private foundations and major donors.
- Develop PIA’s fundraising strategy to achieve and exceed its revenue goals through the solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation support and grants.
- Develop an annual comprehensive development plan, in collaboration with the Board, with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Select and implement Fundraising and Relationship Management software (FRM).
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new prospects with a focus on recurring contributions: corporations, foundations, and individuals.
- Develop and implement strategies to maximize contributions from all donors, whether small or large.
Communication and Representation
- Develop and implement a communications strategy to raise the profile of PIA in the media and to key audiences in order to support fundraising and other objectives.
- Represent PIA to foundations, major donors, international institutions, NGOs, relevant government institutions, and the media.
- Plan and organize public events, donor events, and meetings in support of PIA’s fundraising and communications strategy.
- Investigate possibilities of program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization's brand and increase avenues of support.
- Develop tools for and ensure regular communication with donors about PIA activities.
- Ensure regular internal communication to the board of PIA.
- Oversee the administrative activities of PIA and ensure compliance with all financial, legal and tax affairs as a registered 501(c)(3).
- Prepare annual budget for approval by the Board and monitor and report to the Board on the finances of PIA.
- Develop and maintain best practice policies and procedures for all administrative processes.
- Work with volunteers to ensure the management of day-to-day operations.
- Coordinate and convene Board meetings.
- Manage the overall operations of both the school and farms through the School and Farm Directors, with the overall goal of their future self determination.