The France Foundation, a wholly owned subsidiary of SmithBucklin, is a progressive medical education company looking for a Director, Educational Development/Grant Writing to join the team in Old Lyme, CT. At The France Foundation, we are driven by identifying the right and best way to achieve our goals with a focus on continuous growth. We are change agents continuously on the search for a better way to help others improve their healthcare practice and the patients they manage. At the end of the day, we know our efforts and hard work has the promising result of helping another person or their loved one … this is the driver for what we do at The France Foundation.
We are looking for a strategic, forward-thinking candidate to help continue the growth of our company. As a Director, Educational Development/Grant Writing, you will have the opportunity to join a dedicated group of individuals who are leaders in the area of certified continuing education for health professionals including physicians, pharmacists and nurses. Reporting directly to the chief medical officer, the Director, Educational Development/Grant Writing, will be responsible for identifying, creating, and securing independent educational grants – with a goal to advance improvements in healthcare and patient outcomes.
- Identify and develop continuing education business opportunities
- Expand and diversify current grant support
- Maintain and expand current educational collaborators including, but not limited to: academic centers, national and regional professional societies /associations, hospitals, quality assurance, and medical groups.
- Design and develop grant proposals to address the underlying educational knowledge, competence, or performance gaps
- Develop grant submission plan to ensure sales and revenue goals are being met
- Meet all sales and revenue targets
- Work with the operational team to ensure the appropriate execution, educational delivery, and educational outcomes are being met
- Participate in live and/or written updates and outcomes reports to supporters and other stakeholders
- Remain current and seek opportunities to participate within and among the CME/CE community at large
- Participate and present during national educational conferences and meetings
- 4-6yrs experience within CME/medical education
- Successful business development experience a must
- Strong grant writing and communication skills
- Strong presentation skills a must
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Life Sciences preferred
- Willingness to travel including occasional weekends
- Knowledgeable and able to work within the current guidelines of the ACCME, AMA, and others as appropriate
- Thorough understanding of performance and quality improvement based continuing education, in addition to the understanding of/and the ability to align with the requirements of MOC/MOL
- Shown to have the skills and experience to be independent, self-motivated, solution-oriented, and works well with others and as part of a larger team
- Shown to have the ability to multi task and ability to meet deadlines
- Shown to have the skills of being highly organized, detail-oriented and above all committed to production of high quality work