The Office & Administrative Services Associate is responsible for ensuring the successful daily flow and operations of ASID’s corporate headquarters. As a “living laboratory” of the perfect integration of workplace design and health, wellness, wellbeing and sustainability, our office engages external visitors on a regular basis (for tours, meetings and events). Reporting to the Sr. HR Associate, the Office & Administrative Services Associate will ensure a pristine appearance and upkeep at all times; serve as the organization’s primary point of contact for visitors and all office systems (e.g. ALICE virtual receptionist, Optix reservation system, Kastle Systems, facilities portal, A/V, copier/printer, postage machine). and serve as point of contact/host for outside clients who rent our space for meetings and events. The Office & Administrative Services Associate also provides administrative and database support to several internal departments
- Coordinates overall administrative activities for the ASID National headquarters office.
- Coordinates the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities. Ensures the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, postage machine, etc.
- Negotiates contracts and purchases with all vendors related to hospitality, office supplies and equipment, furniture, and services in accordance with company purchasing policies, budgetary restrictions and LEED and WELL guidelines.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, such as café, food and beverage setup and cleanup, monitor displays, workstation setup/functionality, distributing building access keys and security access cards, etc.), inbound and outbound mail
- Maintains the booking system for all meeting rooms and the space in general.
- Serves as staff liaison to off-site IT service provider, resolves routine IT user issues, and serves as onsite IT expert with respect to A/V and meeting room booking system for all audiences.
- Maintains policies, procedures and agreements with respect to usage of the space for both internal audiences (e.g. staff) and external audiences (tours, meetings, events).
- Serves as pre and onsite contact for all meetings and events held at our space by external audiences coordinating catering, tours of the space and providing general information regarding the space.
- Plans, coordinates and implements special events and other meetings, conferences and special projects for internal and external audiences.
- Effectively negotiates terms and conditions with clients to meet service expectations and ensures appropriate expense management.
- Handles all aspects of event management, including room setup, audio visual arrangement, and food and beverage, and other logistics.
- Consults with representatives of client group or organization to plan details such as number of persons expected, display space desired and food and beverage requirements.
- Manages budget for each event and provides recommendations to business units with regard to event management decisions. Creates and maintains financial event reporting documents for the internal client to include estimates for future budget cycles, logistics budget summaries and submission of comprehensive post-event reporting information..
- Creatively and proactively markets the space for revenue generation and exposure to the local community.
- Supports other ASID departments/programs (membership/customer service, ethics cases, education, Materials Connexion) as needed, by preparing routine reports/correspondence and performing routine database tasks