- A minimum of 5+ years of fundraising or equivalent business development experience; a demonstrated leader in his/her field.
- Highly energetic professional with a track record of developing fundraising strategies, building donor relationships and closing gifts in the six+ figure range.
- Experience in public health/health care environment or funding for scientific research preferred.
- Excellent communications, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to build confidence and trust along with an executive presence and demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and solve complex problems creatively and confidently.
- Executive presence with the ability to portray confidence and trust along with a professional image and demeanor.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills; excellent public speaker with ability to facilitate dialogue among various stakeholders in both meeting and conference call settings.
- Ability to manage multiple, high-intensity activities simultaneously and effectively.
- A demonstrated ability to complete assignments in a timely and effective manner and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer and data management skills/proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is essential; Raisers Edge software experience preferred.
- Adherence to the Code of Ethical Principles of the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE).
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Willingness to travel.
- All candidates must successfully pass a background check as a requirement of employment
Qualified candidates should email cover letter, resume and salary requirements (in Microsoft Word or PDF format) to: email@example.com. Please put “senior advancement officer” in the email subject line. Incomplete packages will not be considered. Hard copies, calls, faxes, personally delivered resumes or resumes sent through any other source other than directly to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address will not be accepted. Resumes will be accepted through April 26.
When applying at the above mentioned email address, the auto-reply message will contain a Pre-Offer Voluntary Self-Identification Form. In an effort to comply with requirements regarding government recordkeeping, reporting, and other legal obligations, which may apply, we invite you to complete this applicant data survey. Although this information is voluntary we hope you choose to complete it in order to help us fulfill our requirements. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. See further details on form.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status, and all other characteristics protected by law.
We comply with all applicable laws including E.O. 11246 and the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 governing employment practices and do not discriminate on the basis of any unlawful criteria in accordance with 41 C.F.R. §§ 60-300.5(a)(12) and 60-741.5(a)(7). As a federal government contractor, we take affirmative action on behalf of protected veterans.
The CDC Foundation is a smoke-free environment.
Relocation expenses are not included.