About The ERISA Industry Committee
ERIC is the only national association that advocates exclusively for large employers on health, retirement, and compensation public policies at the federal, state, and local levels. ERIC supports the ability of its members to tailor health, retirement and compensation benefits for millions of employees, retirees and their families. Our members rely on ERIC to keep them informed and to shape legislation and regulations to address their concerns.
ERIC’s team is small and collaborative, working together to create and advance public policies that support our members and keep them informed and engaged. We offer an excellent work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package including health, vision and dental insurance, retirement plan participation, paid vacation, sick days and holidays, and transportation benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
About the Position
ERIC is looking for a multi-talented administrative professional with experience working for non-profit membership organizations. The position requires a highly motivated self-starter with strong secretarial, database, and computer skills who is attentive to details, is an accomplished multi-tasker, and has a desire to accomplish projects well and on-time. This role is multi-faceted and requires a broad range of administrative experience and talent with the primary responsibilities focused on the performance of administrative and operational services generally to support the organization and serve our members. To succeed in this position, the person must possess high integrity, enjoy the nature of administrative services, be able to vary projects and activities depending on needs of the office, and understand the vital importance of this role to ERIC’s success as an organization.
The ideal candidate enjoys working in a small organization environment, possesses excellent teamwork and oral and writing communication skills, and has experience using membership databases as well as performing overall administrative and operational activity.
- Performs all day-to-day general office functions (e.g., answering phones and email, processing mail, ordering and restocking supplies, etc.).
- Provides excellent customer service to Association members and staff.
- Keeps organized task lists and balances multiple responsibilities.
- Acts as point person to provide administrative support to staff, including assistance with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint material preparation.
- Makes and maintains calendar appointments and travel arrangements and plans.
- Assists with entering information into membership database, including the updating of records, tracking of participation, preparing of reports, updating meeting and event registrations, etc.
- Drafts business correspondence including emails and letters and reports and tracks communications for follow-up.
- Communicates with Association members by phone and e-mail, including to verify contact information and, if necessary, research updated contact information for individuals.
- Performs logistical and administrative support for in-house meetings, conference calls, off-site conferences, and other events.
- Prepares meeting badges, tent cards, and rosters, and conducts onsite meeting registration services.
- Compiles meeting materials (electronic and hardcopy) including copying and assembly.