The District of Columbia Bar has an opening for a Director, Enterprise Solutions (DES) in the Enterprise Solutions (ES) Department within the Operations Division. The DES is responsible for overseeing the technical direction, application architecture, technical integration and technical service levels for information technology (IT) systems at the Bar Enterprise (Headquarters, Board on Professional Responsibility and Office of Disciplinary Counsel) and including the new Headquarters office currently under construction. This position identifies technical requirements to support business needs and designs functional and technical architecture for the Bar. The DES also participates in the design, review and delivery of technical solutions in consultation with vendors, architects, staff and other stakeholders assigned to the new building project. The DES reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provides day to day leadership, performance management, coaching and mentoring to direct reports.
2. Develops and manages information system solutions to ensure the best user experience is achieved and that leading technology is thoroughly researched and implemented appropriately for a multi-office environment.
3. Directs the management of IT networks, programs and projects to include prioritizing, planning, scheduling, cost management, quality assurance and reporting analyses.
4. Develops priorities, goals and objectives for ES department and ensures they are in alignment with long term strategic planning and organizational goals.
5. Manages IT vendor contracts, management and procurement. Negotiates contracts for equipment and IT services concerning terms, conditions and pricing.
6. Manages planning, design, implementation and technical support of IT systems, networks and departmental applications.
7. Prepares and manages project budgets to align with ES department budget and organizational priorities. Establishes budgetary controls and ensures compliance with budget guidelines. Interfaces with management and users to identify IT budget impacts.
8. Collaborates with appropriate departments in the development and implementation of business continuity plans.
9. Manages IT infrastructure support for the Office of Disciplinary Counsel and Board on Professional Responsibility.
10. Responsible for continuing professional development of the ES team.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field. Two or more of the following certifications preferred: CompTIA, CCNA, CCIE, CCNP, CISSP, ITIL, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, MCTS or MCTIP. PMP certification is a plus. Master’s Degree a plus.
2. Eight or more years of progressively responsible related experience with demonstrated results in a wide range of initiatives and professional work experience in positions of increasing responsibility, including leading a small department.
3. Experience with cloud computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) solution. Experience with the Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, .Net application development, etc.). Justware Case Management system experience a plus.
4. Must have relevant direct management/supervisory experience.
5. Experience in an IT leadership role at a membership organization or comparable non-profit organization is highly desirable.
6. Experience with IT strategy and planning with the ability to develop short and long term organizational technology plans.
7. Experience preparing and implementing departmental budgets including budget projection and administration.
8. Experience managing and delivering IT projects in a multi-office environment to include data center, networking, end-user computing, telecommunication, applications, etc.
9. Demonstrated ability to research, acquire and quickly absorb technical information for new software and hardware.
10. Must possess exceptional communication, analytical and problem solving skills.
11. Ability to work well under pressure and to set and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
12. Ability to handle and maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Under the Bar’s compensation structure, this position is in the Information Technology Job Family and at the Director Level. This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Bar has an excellent benefits package.
This is not an attempt to list all essential functions of this position. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the Bar’s needs.
The District of Columbia Bar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested individuals must submit a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: