Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in nonprofit management, community development, social impact or similar discipline.
- Previous experience and proven consistent success in fundraising (annual campaigns, direct appeal, proposal writing, donations in-kind, capital campaigns and planned giving) and donor management.
- Excellent management, administrative and supervisory experience
- Proficiency in developing and managing budgets. This candidate must be proficient in Access, FoxPro or similar database management, Microsoft applications Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and Google Applications. Ability to be a self-starter, manage multiple tasks, be creative, reliable, donor-centered and resourceful is important. Candidate must be skilled in communications and organizational planning, management, and administrative systems.
- Other: great integrity; fearless and personable; cultural awareness and sensitivity essential; clear, unbiased, innovative, critical thinking; clear sense of life balance; clear background check; clear driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Language and Communications Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and government regulations. Ability to write reports, fundraising correspondence, and procedures with conformance to the prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information both orally and in written format and respond to questions from staff, guests (clients), government entities, accountancy authorities, service partners and the general public. Excellent written and verbal communication in English required. Excellent written and verbal communication in Spanish is highly preferred, since more than half our constituency is Spanish speaking.
- Understands general accepted accounting procedures as they effect fund development, Statements of Financial Position (balance sheets), Statements of Activities (profit and loss statements), cash flow statements and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios to practical situations.
- Ability to define and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables, often in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and ability to quickly learn additional applications if required.
- Well organized, self-starter
- Possesses excellent telephone, electronic, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in environment with changing deadlines and priorities
- Must be mature, even-tempered and team spirited, respectful of the challenges of others, and have tempered judgment of others. Possess passion and enthusiasm for the mission of Franciscan Workers of Junipero Serra..
- Ability to make sound independent decisions based on research and evaluation of available information
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities in an effective manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen, and tact in dealing with sensitive issues.
- Acts ethically, responsibly, and with utmost integrity.
PHYSICAL & SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to easily climb stairs to a second story.
- Ability to easily bend and lift 20 lb. overhead.
- Ability to read and comprehend administrative documents as well as data on a computer screen.
- Ability to hear normal conversations and answer phones.
- Hand, finger and body coordination sufficient to fulfill requirements of the position.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
This job requires routine travel (driving) within the Salinas Valley and Monterey Peninsula areas and occasional driving and other travel to attend training and conferences.