| The Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC), a NCAA Division III conference comprised of nine selective liberal arts colleges and universities located in Colorado, Louisiana and Texas, is accepting applications for the Assistant Director of New Media internship. |
This internship offers the right candidate the opportunity to immerse themselves in all aspects of collegiate athletic administration at the conference level over the two-year appointment. The Assistant Director of New Media will be involved in the conference’s day-to-day operations, including developing and implementing the league’s long-term digital media plan as well as assisting with championships event management, sports information and more, and it offers the unique opportunity to gain higher level experience with strategic planning, branding and involvement at all SCAC administrator, coaches and committee meetings. The conference office is located in Lawrenceville, Georgia (just 30 miles north of Atlanta). The Assistant Director of New Media reports to and is under the direct supervision of the Assistant Commissioner. The position is funded primarily through the NCAA Division III Ethnic Minority & Women’s Internship Grant (details regarding the grant are below). The stipulations of the grant requires that candidates meet the criteria as a female or ethnic minority.
The Assistant Director of New Media of the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference (SCAC) will assist in coordinating and overseeing the internal promotions, social media, video and championships functions of the Conference.
Among the expected duties of this position:
- Provide publicity and coordinate the public and media relations for the conference, including conference promotional tours (SCAC8in8) and maintenance of the conference website.
- Coordinate, create and edit all video productions for the SCAC, including (but not limited to): highlights, preseason interviews, weekly player interviews and championship interviews or highlights
- Assist the conference commissioner and assistant commissioner in coordinating and overseeing conference championships.
- Alongside the Assistant Commissioner, long-range plan, supervise and maintain the league?s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube accounts.
- Assist in maintaining the statistical data base for each conference sport.
- Work with the assistant commissioner in coordinating and planning SCAC Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) meetings and functions.
- Work with Assistant Commissioner and SCAC partners, specifically the league's online store provider (BSN Sports) as well as any other outside organizations, to develop championship graphics and market championships for public consumption (either via video-streaming or public television).
- Must be able to travel, and work nights and weekend in accordance with conference schedules
Interested candidates should e-mail a letter of application, resume, references and a portfolio of any related work (i.e. interviews, videos, written articles, graphic designs) to internSCAC@gmail.com. Review of applications will begin May and will continue until the position is filled. The SCAC is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.