Who we are:
Central Power Systems & Services (CPS&S) is the only authorized distributor for Allison Transmissions, Detroit Diesel, MTU and Mercedes engines in Kansas, Missouri and Northern Oklahoma. CPS&S has been serving the Commercial Equipment needs of the lower Midwest region with top quality On-Highway, Industrial and Power Generation products and services since 1954.
What you’ll do:
The ideal candidate for this position will be an accounting professional with at least 4 - 5 years of finance, accounting and business performance management experience, or 4 years with a Big 6 or large regional accounting firm. They will possess a solid knowledge of financial planning, budgeting, reporting and accounting activities so as to meet corporate reporting requirements and deadlines. This person will understand service offerings and business processes of all operations to formulate analysis and provide recommendations regarding the financial and operating performance at the project, job, line of business and corporate levels. Through collaboration with the Accounting team, the Corporate Controller will implement and maintain financial systems, internal controls and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP and all corporate policies. You should have a passion for service excellence, is a team player, have excellent communications skills, demonstrated leadership abilities and enjoy working in a fast paced, roll up your sleeves office environment.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Supports and reports to the C.F.O. and is the “go to" person for all accounting related inquiries.
- Prepare or direct preparation of financial statements, business activity reports and reports
- Required by regulatory agencies.
- Supervises team members responsible for subsidiary ledgers and bookkeeping functions.
- Oversees Accounts Payable staff, general accounting staff and all general ledger entries
- Maintain relationships with banks, accounting and tax firms, law firms, and shareholders
- Hire, train and retain staff, including: planning, directing work, reviewing performance, coaching, rewarding and addressing performance problems
- Prepare and analyze financial and economic data for tax and regulatory compliance purposes,
- and perform profit and loss analysis
- Develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as cash and credit management and accounting.
- Advise management on short and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
Benefits for YOU:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits including Medical, Dental and Life insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Time Off
- Productive Work Environment with opportunity for internal growth
If you are ready for a rewarding career, apply here!
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.