| || |
We are currently seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team as a member of our growing Finance and Accounting division. We are a small but mighty team focused on external reporting, internal controls, and process improvement to ensure that our business is profitable and successful. You will be responsible for leading and motivating a team with inspiration and influence while ensuring accountability. Team development and mentoring must be your passion along with a strong technical expertise. We work hard but play hard and are looking for a leader to elevate this team to the next level. If this philosophy resonates we invite you to learn more about us.
McKinstry is a full-service, design-build firm specializing in consulting, construction, energy and facility services. The firm's innovative, integrated delivery methodology provides clients with a single point of accountability that drives waste and redundancy out of the design/build process. With nearly 2,000 professional staff and trades people throughout the United States and operations in more than 15 states, McKinstry advocates collaborative, sustainable solutions designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and optimize profitability "For The Life of Your Building." For more information, visit www.mckinstry.com.
This person will be responsible for:
- Responsible for month-end close, including proper application of US GAAP, preparing and reviewing journal entries, variance analysis, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Drives the monthly consolidation process to ensure timely and accurate reporting, and inter-company eliminations.
- Makes interpretations of accounting guidance and facilitate technical accounting memos that analyze and conclude on accounting issues and its impact on company financials.
- Drives business process improvements and initiatives; brings best practice to accounting function such as creating and updating corporate accounting policy/methodology & desktop procedures.
- Develops new processes, procedures, policies and controls where needed to improve and streamline the accounting processes.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of financial reports.
- Interfaces with managers and others in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of processes.
- Serves as lead contact for external and internal audits.
- Builds and maintains a high performance work team.
- Trains, mentors and manages staff in affective tactics to attain team goals.
- Creates performance plans, assess performance and provides performance feedback.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Senior Staff Accountant.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance required.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) certification required.
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and Financial Accounting Standards required.
- Five (5) years progressive accounting experience required.
- Two (2) years of experience management required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem-solving and strong analytical skills required.
- Experience in public accounting including auditing financial records, comparison of published GAAP versus client application, internal control analysis, data research for anomalies, and financial analytic, preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, with intermediate to advanced Excel, Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of project based accounting and percent complete work in progress contract accounting preferred.
McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
Please apply directly through McKinstry Career Center,