The Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) is the leading medical society for interventional cardiology professionals. SCAI has experienced tremendous growth over the past 10 years and today represents more than 4,300 members across 70 countries.
The Creative Services Manager provides graphic design, copywriting, advertising, print production, web and video support for SCAI communications, marketing, membership, and educational activities. This position reports to the Vice President of Marketing, Membership, and Public Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide marketing and advertising support for the Society’s activities including membership, annual meetings, conferences, website, fellowship grant programs, and other initiatives.
- Develop SCAI branded marketing and communications pieces such as direct mail, brochures, e-mail blasts, flyers, digital ads, spotlights, event programs, exhibit kits, fliers, break slides, signage, web graphics, info-graphics, digital advertisements, social media posts, info graphics, PowerPoint templates, letterhead templates, promotional items and trade show display pieces.
- Develop and produce marketing materials for hard copy and electronic publications, discerning key communication points, writing copy, developing graphic design and shepherding each deliverable through the review and approval process.
- Develop, produce, schedule and track outcomes of marketing e-mails. Design e-mail advertisements including subject lines, headlines, copy, images, and calls to action. Track open rates and click-through rates to inform future campaigns.
- Manage and maintain SCAI email distribution and unsubscribe lists.
- Produce promotional videos for online distribution by providing instructions and recording options to staff or video subjects, scheduling remote or in-person recording sessions, collaborate on scripting and messaging, record content, editing video with branding and musical samples, and uploading the final product to marketing channels such as YouTube, SCAI.org, SecondsCount.org, etc.
- Convert clinical and PowerPoint presentations into online educational content for posting on SCAI.org. Develop related marketing promotions including spotlights on SCAI.org and email blasts.
- Write copy and proofread marketing copy for print, web, and email communications.
- Perform updates and maintenance to the SCAI.org website (primary support) and SecondCount.org (secondary support) websites, track website analytics, create content and images for spotlights, events calendars, etc.
- Manage print production identifying vendors, obtaining price quotes, determining production schedules including specifications and quantities to be printed, and schedules shipping/distribution.
- Support SCAI Online Communities working with physicians, staff, consultants and volunteers.
- Manage and develop working relationships with vendors (for printing, mail house services, and websites) and contractors (for graphic design, web editing, online content development).
- Participate in staffing the SCAI exhibit booth as needed.
- Evaluate the qualitative and quantitative effectiveness of marketing, membership, and communications materials
- Other duties as assigned.
Manages vendors and contractors including graphic designers, printers, website and online community consultants.