| Wheeling Jesuit University is seeking qualified applicants for Head Coach, Wrestling. |
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily and independently responsible to fulfill all position-specific requirements to create a viable NCAA D-II wrestling program.
- Primarily and independently train and prepare student athletes, teach sport-specific skills, tactics, and philosophy; schedule and direct practices; conduct sport-specific physical training and conditioning programs for student athletes both in-season and in the off-season.
- Primarily and independently supervise assistant coaches and graduate assistants per University policies; hire, train, direct, monitor, correct and appraise performance.
- Primarily and independently responsible for ensuring that current student athletes are making satisfactory academic progress; work with the Faculty Academic Representative, the Academic Coordinator, and the Registrar to monitor grades of individuals and the team, establish and coordinate study halls, provide mentors and tutors as needed and ensure all student athletes are academically eligible per NCAA and conference requirements and entered correctly into the NCAA Compliance Program.
- Primarily and independently accountable for scouting and recruiting future student athletes according to NCAA, conference, and University policies; assess athletic talent and academic performance of potential student athletes; determine who meets the athletic requirements of the wrestling program and the University’s academic standards; coordinate scholarships per the University’s approved model.
- Primarily and independently responsible for the following activities in support of the wrestling program:
- Assist with creation of program budget; monitor expenses and remain within budgeted parameters;
- Purchase uniforms and equipment through Athletic Administration;
- Coordinate pre-season medical exams for student-athletes through Athletic Training;
- Scout opponents and prepare game plans;
- Establish itineraries and make travel arrangements;
- Available during posted hours for consultation with members of the team.
- Assist the Sports Information Director (SID) in organization of sports information materials, i.e. media guides, press releases, etc., for the team; support SID in community public relations programs involving wrestling.
- Represent the University in all activities pertaining to wrestling.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned by the Director or designee.
All applicants must provide the following:
- Letter of application outlining how qualifications and experience will enable the candidate to carry out the essential functions of the position and advance the Mission of Wheeling Jesuit University
- A current resume
- A list of references to include three (3) personal references and contacts at all prior places of employment listed on the resume
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 10, 2017
WHEELING JESUIT IS A CATHOLIC, JESUIT INSTITUTION DEDICATED TO PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH AN EDUCATION FOR “LIFE, LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE.”
AS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER, WE ENCOURAGE APPLICATIONS FROM QUALIFIED VIETNAM ERA VETERANS, DISABLED INDIVIDUALS, MINORITIES, AND WOMEN
Wheeling Jesuit University does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or status in any other protected group.