Corporate Sponsorship and Major Gifts Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, and managing all of JLF Colorado’s Corporate Sponsorship/Grant and Major Gift acquisition activities. The Manager works closely with The Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. Part-time position.
JLF Colorado is a 501c3 non-profit organization. The mission of JLF Colorado is to support literacy and literary activities in the state of Colorado. The primary project of JLF Colorado is to bring the world renowned Jaipur Literature Festival to Boulder, Colorado and cultivate Colorado as the annual US seat of this internationally significant cultural event.
The Corporate Sponsorship and Major Gifts Manager creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising that may include major gifts, corporate donations, and in-kind resources. Fundraising for JLF Colorado is targeted on the primary project and work of the organization. All fundraising efforts are for the purpose of supporting the production of the Jaipur Literature Festival at Boulder, CO.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to create a Corporate Sponsorship and Major Gift plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Grow a Corporate Sponsorship and Major Gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of corporate sponsors and major donors
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Coordinate fund raising special events
- Oversee prospect research
- Work closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the JLF Colorado with the community
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff
- Advise on creation of publications to support fund raising activities
- Maintain gift recognition programs
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Focus on Donor Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of donors to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process
SALARY/BENEFITS: Approximately 1/3 time, Project Based, Contract Position Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications
APPLICATION: E-mail resume, with three references, and letter of interest to Jessie Friedman, Executive Director JLF Colorado: email@example.com