When submitting application materials, cover letter and resume must be combined into a single attachment
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association (WFAA)*, the private fundraising and alumni relations organization for UW-Madison, is recruiting for a Gift Processing Analyst to join our Gift Processing Team. The primary focus for this position will be to prepare and process daily charitable donations, including complex and challenging gift transactions while providing exceptional customer service to WFAA staff, campus partners, alumni, donors, and friends.
*The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is the “doing business as” name of the merged organization comprising the University of Wisconsin Foundation (www.supportuw.org) and the Wisconsin Alumni Association (www.uwalumni.com), whose legal corporate name is registered as the University of Wisconsin Foundation.
Gift and Pledge Agreement Processing
- Process gifts and pledge agreements requiring high degree of detail management to ensure that:
- Donor intent for the gifts and commitments are captured accurately
- Gifts conform to legal and financial requirements
- Gift details as recorded in system support correct revenue, recognition and fundraising performance reporting
- Receipt, acknowledgement and pledge reminder details will be clear, accurate and timely
- Finance, Legal and Development teams are alerted to or involved as needed to ensure that procedures and special situations are handled properly
- Process gift adjustments per donor or staff request in accordance with proper system procedures.
- Work with a variety of banking, credit card processing and fundraising systems to capture donor information and reconcile transactions.
- Assist with processing of high volume gift batches as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of CASE standards and IRS guidelines regarding charitable gift handling.
- Create and update constituent records including contact information, communication preferences, and other demographic data in accordance with WFAA procedures; submit requests for complex updates to relevant teams as needed.
- Adhere to proper deposit handling procedures for completion of daily deposit, as assigned.
- Establishing and documenting best practices for Matching Gift entry and conducting entry of matching gifts and other gifts as assigned.
- Respond to and resolve revenue-related customer service inquiries regarding from donors, WFAA staff and campus partners using help desk software, phone and email.
- As assigned, produce various gift-related communications using a combination of BBEC system processes, Microsoft Word mail merge functions and editing skills.
Team and System Steward
- Assist in training and mentoring new staff members in gift processing.
- Contribute to team effectiveness through knowledge sharing and pro-actively identifying process and system gaps and areas of inconsistency.
- Demonstrate openness and flexibility with regard to process and system changes.
- Participate as needed as subject matter expert for system testing and issue resolution.
- Demonstrate willingness to assist with areas or responsibility outside core specialty during times of high volume.
- Follow action plans and work to achieve identified goals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of organizational administrative policies and processes.
- Demonstrate a cooperative and courteous manner in all communications with Foundation and Campus colleagues, and with the public at large.
Support a service-oriented atmosphere in accordance with WFAA mission, values and philosophy
- The transforming impact of the UW Madison;
- The treatment of all with high ethical and behavioral standards including honesty, integrity, respect, courtesy, and dignity;
- The spirit, involvement, participation, engagement, and impact of alumni and friends with the UW-Madison and with each other;
- The joy of giving and the power of philanthropy;
- The interdependent nature of all aspects of the Parties’ collective relationships in fulfilling their missions; and
- The highest level of stewardship of the investment of donors’ philanthropy in support of the UW-Madison and the relationships and trust accrued through alumni development and engagement activities.
This is a full time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Gift Processing Manager. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit program.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume in a single attachment to:
Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on April 19, 2017.
The Wisconsin Foundation and Alumni Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer