Assistant Professor of Physical Education, Health Education and Diane L. Potter '57 Head Softball Coach
Springfield College invites applications for an Assistant Professor of Physical Education, Health Education and Diane L. Potter '57 Head Softball Coach. Founded in 1885, Springfield College is a private, coeducational institution offering undergraduate and graduate programs that reflect its distinctive Humanics Philosophy – the education of the whole person in spirit, mind, and body for leadership in service to humanity.
This position is a full-time, nine-month, program-track appointment beginning August 2017. The individual is responsible for all phases of the softball program, including competition and practice planning, mentoring of staff, recruitment and development of student athletes, equipment, contests, public relations, and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. Additionally, a thorough understanding of and accountability to NCAA, NEWMAC, and institutional rules and regulations is necessary. Responsibilities also include teaching coursework in the Department of Physical Education and Health Education, and reporting to the Director of Athletics. Instructional responsibilities will be dependent on the teaching expertise of the applicant.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in Physical Education or a related discipline.
- A valid driver's license.
- Preference will be given to applicants with college teaching and/or college coaching experience.
- Applicants should have a commitment to work in a dynamic work setting with a diverse student population.
- Preference will be given to applicants who can bring diverse perspectives to this growing department and who are motivated to help students succeed.
Applicants should email a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information of three professional references to:
Kiki Jacobs, Associate Director of Athletics
Review of applications will begin on April 28, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. The appointment is scheduled to begin August 2017. For more information, please visit the College's homepage at www.springfield.edu.
Springfield College is committed to enhancing diversity
and equality in education and employment.