Established in 1964, Weizmann Canada expresses the commitment of the Canadian community to help the Weizmann Institute. The Weizmann Institute of Science, based in Israel, is an internationally recognized center of multidisciplinary, scientific research and graduate study, addressing crucial problems in technology, medicine and health, energy, agriculture and the environment. The Weizmann Institute was ranked 10th in the CWTS Leiden Ranking, an international ranking of research institutes; the only institute outside of the US listed in the top 10. The Weizmann Institute is unique in its collaborative approach to science, its focus on attracting the best and brightest scientists and its focus on research for the benefit of humanity globally.
Weizmann Canada is a national organization with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver. It is an exciting time in Weizmann Canada’s growth and as we continue to expand our footprint in Canada we are seeking an experienced and energetic Development Officer to join our team.
The Development Officer (DO) is a member of the development team, reporting to the National Manager of Development in Toronto and working closely with the National Executive Director & CEO in Montreal. The DO will be located in Montreal.
The Development Officer will identify, cultivate and solicit individual and corporate donors, managing a portfolio of prospective and current donors. The DO will be responsible for making solicitation calls, both independently and as part of a team. He/she will also support the National Executive Director & CEO with larger major gift solicitations and the Montreal Chapter of volunteers.
The DO will collaborate with the national development team, contributing to strategy and ensuring proper stewardship takes place to maintain the donor’s involvement, interest and support. The DO will also work closely with the National Managers, Stewardship, Communications and Programs & Events on various engagement activities for donors and potential donors in Montreal.
- To identify leads and prospective donors in the Montreal area for Weizmann Canada
- To develop and manage a portfolio of annual and major gift donors and potential donors in various stages of development
- To support the National Executive Director & CEO in the strategy, cultivation and stewardship of leadership donors in Montreal
- To collaborate with the National Managers of Stewardship, Communications and Events on the planning, coordination, and delivery of engagement activities for donors and potential donors in Montreal
- To assist in the planning of an annual trip to the Weizmann Institute for volunteers and donors
- To assist the National Executive Director & CEO in the identification and recruitment of volunteers for the Montreal Chapter
- To work with volunteers in Montreal to encourage and support their efforts on Weizmann’s behalf, and to achieve awareness and fundraising goals
Education: University degree preferred but will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Two plus years’ fundraising or related experience with a proven track record of success. Demonstrated major gift development experience and experience working with volunteers.
Donor Database: Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar moves management database system
Attributes and Values: The ideal candidate will be an organized, strategic, results-oriented, and self-motivated fundraising professional who has experience in annual, major, and/or planned giving. In addition, the Development Officer will possess the following:
- Skill in developing and implementing successful strategies for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of annual and major gift donors
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop donor relationships
- Proven ability to engage, support and provide leadership to volunteers
- Previous experience working in a major gifts program environment
- Exceptional time management, planning, and organizational skills, with an emphasis on detail and accuracy
- Possess strong listening, speaking, and writing skills, and be a proactive communicator
- Energetic, self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
- Confidence, polish, and a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Proficient in MS Office applications
The candidate will be expected to be available for some evening meetings and events, as well as to travel to Toronto occasionally. In addition, there will be the occasional trip to the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel.
Weizmann Canada offers a cause that has a world-wide impact on humanity; a great team and a collaborative work environment. We also offer a robust and competitive compensation package.
Candidates who wish to apply should submit a cover letter and resume to Claire Howard, Vice President, Weizmann Canada by Monday, May 1, 2017 at email@example.com