Meals On Wheels of Tampa is seeking a mission-oriented, full-time Director of Development. Reporting to, and in partnership with, the Executive Director and the Director of Major Gifts, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts according to the philosophy and culture of Meals On Wheels of Tampa as it continues to grow and expand in fulfilling its mission.
- Maximize gift giving, fundraising, and stewardship for Meals On Wheels of Tampa using the Benevon philosophy. Develop an annual plan for all aspects of fundraising – annual, events, planned gifts and grants.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
- Be responsible for all facets of the annual fundraiser, the Nourish the Homebound Breakfast, while working directly with the Resource and Development Committee to facilitate the event.
- Facilitate monthly luncheons (Nourish at Noon/ Lunch and Learn) by extending invitations, coordinating details, and doing appropriate follow up.
- Oversee gift management and thank you process.
- Plan stewardship programs using the Benevon philosophy for donor events.
- Be helpful in ensuring the accuracy of the donor database for development, and monthly reconciliation with the business office.
- Work with Communications Manager to produce Annual Report (may include writing content/designing layout, coordination with printer/mail house), creating direct mail appeals, newsletters (electronic and printed), and design of invitations, posters and other recognition vehicles.
- Work with Communications Manager to maintain and update the website and in posting items for social media.
- Speak at community functions, attend Chamber events, and pursue networking possibilities to extend outreach, mission, and business opportunities for MOW.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic plan for development.
- Work directly with the Executive Director to execute a Planned Giving strategy.
- Partner with the Chair of the Resource and Development Committee to maximize the work of the committee.
- Oversee the Grant Program by seeking and applying for new grants and maintaining communication with Grantors.
- Collaborate with the Director of Programs and Communications Manager to achieve new supporters through increased exposure, creative partnership developments and new initiatives.
- Be an active and enthusiastic participant to the MOW team.
- Other duties as requested.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org