Major Donors – Virginia Beach, VA
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) is a multifaceted nonprofit organization that produces compelling and inspirational Christian content, encouraging millions of people worldwide. We are seeking a director-level Major Donor fundraiser to expand and implement development strategies for a well-established major donor program. This experienced professional will build on CBN’s current momentum to identify and steward relationships with our generous and faithful supporters, meet ambitious goals, and guide a long-term vision for the overall division. The Director will work closely with senior leadership to identify and create impactful and engaging campaigns for furthering The Gospel and communicate those campaigns to potential donors.
With our already-healthy group of major donors, data/analytics capacity and communications programs in place, we are looking for innovative development work to enhance CBN’s donor power and impact. The ideal person for this role will be a creative leader and development professional with an entrepreneurial streak, an ability to chart development strategy in close consultation with organizational principals and leverage their significant fundraising experience.
CBN has over 50 years of rich history in program initiatives and an ever expanding vision to integrate and utilize emerging digital media technologies to reach younger generations. From broadcasting original programming across approximately 117 countries in 47 different languages, including our flagship program, The 700 Club, which is viewed in 97% of television markets across the U.S. to our animation series, Superbook, viewed by over 200 million children across 90 countries in 50 languages, CBN is on a mission to spread The Good News! In addition, CBN’s many subsidiary and affiliate organizations provide orphan care, freshwater wells, medical surgeries and disaster relief in its exuberant efforts to reach the world with the message of hope from the Bible.
If you are a strategic fundraiser with leadership capacity to advance mission-wide fundraising goals through major donors, planned giving, ministry events and donor relations, this may be your next rewarding opportunity!
Your proven track record of fundraising success will include the following:
- Extensive development background with successful track record in meeting fundraising goals while managing major donor/development teams
- Extensive working knowledge of marketing and fundraising best practices
- Knowledge of planned giving development and solicitation, including tax laws that impact charitable giving, personal assets, and estates
- Experience in conference production and event marketing
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to successfully manage multi-faceted teams with data-driven strategies and performance management; able to effectively lead remote team members
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills with ability to cast vision and articulate the mission, goals, and values of the organization
- Strong ability to strategize, implement, and integrate development programs with specific objectives
- Critical thinker with ability to analyze, monitor, evaluate, and alter strategic development plans
- Proficient in MS Office, donor database software, marketing automation, and data visualization tools.
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of CBN staff and outside public
- Excellent research, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a collaborative member of a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Ability to travel with current driver’s license and good driving record
CBN, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package to include relocation assistance. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with CBN’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.cbn.com. We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.