The McNair Group (an affiliate of the Houston Texans) refers to a group of legal entities with common ownership principally involved with public and private equity investment portfolios, independent power generation and charitable foundations.
Company: The McNair Group
Title: Tax Accountant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Tax
- Master’s of Science in Accounting degree preferred or completion of advanced accounting hours for CPA eligibility.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred or actively pursuing CPA exam.
- One year of related work experience in tax accounting required.
Responsible for various duties within the Tax department, including the preparation of federal and state tax returns, preparation of the work papers supporting the returns, researching tax issues that arise and being informed of federal and state tax law changes as they pertain to The McNair Group (“TMG”) entities.
- Working knowledge of tax preparation software such as GoSystem.
- Proficiency in analysis of financial data.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software applications.
Job Function (duties and responsibilities):
- Assist with preparing federal tax returns including partnership, S-corporation, not-for-profit, individual and trust returns, multi-state tax returns and numerous Texas margin tax returns and all related items filed annually in addition to returns such as tax estimates, extensions and various state filing fees.
- In connection with tax returns, prepare work papers supporting the conversion of financial records to tax basis records which are generally required for all entities.
- Provide tax information, including tax estimates as well as Schedule K-1s, to external partners in several partnerships.
- Utilize GoSystem tax return software and Great Plains accounting software.
- Prepare for outside consultants the detailed asset schedules and information necessary to prepare personal property tax renditions for various McNair Group entities.
- Enter fixed asset additions for tax depreciation into GoSystem for various entities.
- Research various tax issues as they arise throughout the year. Also, keep informed of current federal and state tax law changes as they pertain to our entities.
- Interact with financial accounting personnel, foundation personnel, and with investment group members.
- The above responsibilities are not meant to be all inclusive and can be expected to be augmented as the work environment dictates.
- The above responsibilities are shared with and under the supervision of the Vice President of Tax and the Tax Director.
Travel Requirements: None
The McNair Group refers to a group of legal entities with common ownership principally involved with public and private equity investment portfolios, independent power generation and charitable foundations.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The McNair Group companies are Equal Opportunity Employers.