Vice President, Development
THE PULMONARY HYPERTENSION ASSOCIATION
In 1991, four women, gathered around a kitchen table, pioneered an organization to fight the rare disease that three of them had been diagnosed with. The Pulmonary Hypertension Association (PHA), exists to support patients and caregivers fighting this rare disease, which can affect all people of all ages and backgrounds. Pulmonary hypertension is a chronic and life-changing lung disease that can lead to right heart failure if left untreated. We believe that anyone whose life has been touched by this difficult illness has the right to fight back as much as they are willing and able and our job is to empower them to do so.
PHA, a nonprofit organization, is unique because we support and engage all communities affecting and affected by pulmonary hypertension, including patients, caregivers, doctors, nurses, and other health professionals.
Since our founding, we have far outgrown the kitchen table, serving 16,000 members, offering high level medical and patient education, raising awareness of PH in the general public and medical communities, advocating for legislation, supporting research, and helping patients connect with others to end their isolation.
Our employees are entrepreneurial, creative, dedicated, passionate professionals, who are all working together to extend and improve the lives of those affected by PH.
Join our PHight!
The Vice President, Development is responsible for leading and directing all philanthropic fundraising efforts, with an overarching goal of maximizing financial support for PHA’s mission and priority programs. The VP will provide leadership and motivation to fundraising staff and volunteers, develop and implement an effective comprehensive fundraising program, translate PHA’s mission and programs into a compelling case for support, and demonstrate strong management skills. The Vice President, Development will serve on PHA’s executive team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Using a strategic, creative, and flexible approach to implementing and managing the development program and staff, the Vice President, Development will:
- Establish and implement a major gifts program (initially $10,000+) focusing on developing a prospect base, creating strategies for solicitation, and organizing, coordinating and participating in cultivation opportunities and solicitations; s/he will personally maintain an active prospect/donor portfolio
- Develop key relationships with individuals, non-industry partners/sponsors, volunteers, and foundations
- Direct and provide oversight for the following:
- special events program that is nationwide, volunteer-driven and produces significant net income
- direct response program (digital & USPS) for annual appeals, tribute gifts, memberships, planned giving
- corporate and foundation (non-industry sponsorship) program
- recognition and stewardship plan for donors of all sizes
- maintenance of an accurate and usable donor data base
- generation of accurate, timely and relevant fundraising progress reports
- Inspire, collaborate with, and staff the Board-level development committee and other fundraising volunteers, building an active pool of fundraisers
- Work closely and collaboratively with other PHA departments in support of the development program
- Responsible for ensuring development meets financial goals and managing budget
- Manage a staff of six development professionals
- Reports to President & CEO
- Reporting to this position: development staff including annual giving, special events, corporate & foundations, planned giving, and administrative
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires occasional weekend and/or evening work and travel, particularly during peak times of the year.
HIGHLIGHTS OF BENEFITS & PERKS
- 100% employer paid medical plans
- Paid vacation, sick and personal days
- Transportation subsidy (parking or public transit)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Bagel Fridays!
Apply at https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/4446/Pulmonary-Hypertension-Association-Inc/Vice-President-Development. Applications received without a cover letter will not be considered. We look forward to receiving your application, but no phone calls please.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements. The Pulmonary Hypertension Association, a 501(c)3, nonprofit organization, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). For more about PHA see: www.PHAssociation.org