With community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing, and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for a full-time Director of Fund Development & Strategic Initiatives to manage the fund development activities and major planning initiatives of our not-for-profit community development organization and settlement house. This is a leadership position within our growing nonprofit organization that reports directly to the Executive Director. The Director of Fund Development & Strategic Initiatives is responsible for grant writing/production for government contracts and foundation and corporate support as well as individual donor solicitation and cultivation, including special events. The Director works closely with the Board of Directors, Division Directors and external partners. The agency’s current budget is $15 million.
- Work with agency Executive Director, Director of Finance, Director of Programs and Board of Directors to establish an annual fundraising plan for Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation and oversee the implementation of that plan.
- Coordinate all grantsmanship and fundraising efforts of the agency.
- Develop new corporate and foundation support for organization by researching potential donors, developing project specific and capacity building proposals based on agency’s strategic plan, following up with potential donors, arranging site visits and cultivating long-term relationships.
- Implement an ongoing individual donor campaign for the organization and maintain donor database.
- Maintain master list of submission deadlines for all private grants received by the agency and file all renewal materials for general supporting grants.
- Facilitate the Fundraising Committees of the CHLDC’s Board of Directors and staff and train Board and staff on fund development.
- Coordinate all outsourcing of grant writing.
- Supervise a Development and Communications Associate and a Development Associate.
- Facilitate Board/staff/community teams in planning new program initiatives of agency.
- Spearhead strategic planning activities at the agency.
- Supervise staff responsible for communications strategy and implementation, including e-newsletter, social media, web site, branding standards, and other communications tools.
- Participate in senior management planning and leadership team activities.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Handle other special projects as assigned.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.