The Accounting and Finance Division supports the company's financial performance by developing innovative ways to save time and money, as well as providing timely and accurate financial reports for strategic business decisions.
This position is responsible for contributing to overall corporate satisfaction by providing internal and external customers with timely, responsive, value-added services and work products. Responsibilities include developing people through effectively delegating tasks and providing guidance to staff. Provide performance feedback and training, and conduct performance reviews. Accountable for the reporting, monitoring, and planning of federal, state and local corporate taxes for BCBS and its subsidiaries. Share tax planning ideas with others, participate and contribute to the attainment of team and corporate goals. Participate in meetings and communicate with various departments and external consultants/agencies.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum five years experience in a tax position Minimum five years of auditing, tax or legal experience
- Working knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Statutory Accounting Principles, and Cost Accounting standards Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Statutory Accounting Principles, government regulations, employee benefit regulations standards insurance industry and business practices
- Experience in a position requiring project leadership
- Experience in a position interpreting and communicating information orally and written
- Experience in a position analyzing information to solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience in the insurance industry and/or corporate tax is preferred
Terms and Agreements
By submitting a job application, I attest that all information to the best of my knowledge is true and accurate. Furthermore, I understand that any information provided by me throughout the job application process is subject to verification including, but not limited to work experience, education, assessment (test) and interviews.
Our Company provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.